Well, I think I'm going to do it again. The OKC half marathon. This time, I have lots of sweet mommy friends that are doing it with me which is very motivating!! It will be nice to have the support. I'm going to spend this month and the month of January getting back into running and begin my official training in February.
What's not so motivating? The frigid 20 degree weather outside. On the bright side, I'd rather train in freezing weather than warm weather. Nothing is worse than running in the heat, in my opinion.
It will be interesting to train while having a youngster. I need to find out how other mommies do it. I'm sure I'll find a way that works for us. I'm a little apprehensive about this for some reason.
Which brings me to my next thought: oh how I need new workout clothes! I'm not one to really "want something for Christmas" but man oh man do I want/need new workout clothes! (Maybe Chaz is reading this.) My treasured "black" tights have turned grey from several hundred washes and have turned into MC Hammer pants due to the lack of elasticity.
Why are they so expensive!? I've gone shopping with the intention of buying some new tights or pants only to have sticker shock. And don't even get me started on tops. Who really spends $80 on something you sweat in!?
Oh and Chaz, I'd like a massage, pedicure, and a kid-free day to myself. :) is that okay?? :)
Dean says, "Daddy!! Don't you wanna hang out all day with me???"
We can play cars:
I'll blow you lots of kisses!!
And eat all of my food:
Pretty please?? Love, Mom...I mean Dean :)
Bonnie :)
6 comments:
we ran the dallas half last weekend in the 40's and rain... the worst part was the rain but yes, running in cold is way better than heat! I needed new stuff too and found GREAT deals at the race expo... everything was on sale... but for stuff to train in thats pretty good quality I went to TARJAY for the c9 stuff... I actually love it!
Yay yay yay! So excited you decided to do it. I think this will be a great thing for all of us because it IS so different to figure it out with a kiddo.
bonnie!! i know it's been forever, but i still follow your blog and i just had comment. i've become a lululemon junkie for workout gear. i know that it's super pricey, but once you go lulu you'll never go back. it lasts forever and is worth every penny! sounds like you're doing great! dean is precious!
Thats what I asked for for Christmas! I have found some good workout stuff at TJ Maxx, I refuse to pay that much too but I am really hard on my workout clothes.
Hahah! I hope chaz does read this!! you should go to Target and get some of your workout stuff, it is wayyy cheaper and it's pretty good quality. Anddd, GOOD LUCK with your training, you will do great and I am sure Dean will love running around with you!
You're too cute, I love this post! I am super proud of you to take on such a challenge!!! I know you can do it!
I hope Chaz picks up on your subtle hints :)
Love you!
Post a Comment