Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Adventures of Oklahoma Travel

I have always wanted to "explore" Oklahoma so when I received an amazing offer from the website TravelZoo for a weekend getaway to Southwest Oklahoma, I couldn't resist! We had zero expectations for this trip and I'm happy to report that it did not disappoint!

On the way to in the middle of no where Oklahoma, I mean Lone Wolf, OK, we decided to make a few stops. We stopped at a BBQ place that came highly recommended by my travel brochures. (Yes, I'm an old lady. I sent off for OK travel guides.)

At Jiggs Smokehouse:



Sorry Jiggs, you were highly disappointing.

Next, we stopped at a winery that was literally in the middle of NO WHERE! I'm talking the closest gas station was 30 minutes away. I love mom and pop wineries. They are always owned by the nicest people. This did NOT disappoint!





We finally made it to the Quartz Mountain Lodge. Isn't it cute? (No, I'm not sporting a Kate Gosslin cut. It was windy.)



For dinner that night, we headed into town to a yummy steakhouse in the teeny tiny town of Blair. My meal was great!



The next day, we got up and rode our bikes throughout the property and state park. We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!














Then we did some hiking...Chaz had to changed into his hiking boots. I would be lying if I said I didn't crack a joke or two about this:



I thought the hiking trail would be just that. Boy was I wrong! It was more like rock climbing and I was not prepared for for such an experience. I was scared!







Huge rock on the top of the mountain:


Mountain man:



A view of our room. The lake used to be right up to the hotel but due to this summers drought, the lake was extremely low.



We had a great time just relaxing and spending time together. A big thanks to Chaz's parent for taking care of booger bear:




And how about this strange Oklahoma weather? We experienced 3 strong earthquakes in the span of 3 days. We even had to come back early from our trip because of tornadoes. Nuts I tell ya!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Bonnie :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I just love to travel- whether it's close or far off! Looks like so much fun!!! Good for you guys taking a few days to yourself!