Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just pray!

So unless you live under a rock, and honestly that wouldn't be a bad place to be these days, you know that OKC had some rough weather on Tuesday. Luckily, we are safe and our house is damage-free. Those about 10 miles north of us, not so much.

It's so sad. Entire communities are gone. There's even a 3 year old boy that's still missing. His mom was hovering over him and two of his other siblings in the bathtub when the tornado hit. He was sucked from his mother's arms and they have yet to locate him. One of the other kids is dead. My mind has been on that family all day. I keep waiting for the good news that he has been found but as of right now, nothing. I can't even imagine what that mom is feeling right now. Just pray.

Which brings me to my next point: I'm so thankful we had installed (ironically yesterday) one of these:






A tornado shelter. Never thought we'd need one of these but after seeing all that happened just minutes from my house and in Joplin, I'm more than thankful for this little invention.

You would think that mom lived in a trailer or some dinky house that got torn to shreds. Nope. The addition that they lived in was full of beautiful, large homes. A shelter was the only thing that saved most in the community. Now I have a little peace of mind.

So if you need a place to go during a storm, our door is always open!

Ok ok, enough doom and gloom. I think I need something to cheer me up...hmm....what could cheer me up...

I know! Dean loves her new toy from nana and pa!






Her usual at the doctor's office photo:



Bed head. She had a great nap, as you can see:




Ok, I feel better now. But if you think about it when you say your prayers, say a little one for that sweet 3 year old boy.

Hope everyone has a good night!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


2 comments:

Jamie Thompson said...

So glad you are ok! Praying for everyone there. Dean is just getting cuter every day, can you believe our kiddos are getting so old?

Jennifer said...

1.) Do we get to see inside?
2.) It's actually warm in Chicago today! You're almost welcome to come up!! I say let's give it a week or so to make sure the temperatures stick! I'm not confident that Chicago isn't teasing me yet!
3.) My favorite photo is Miss Dean sunning herself on her back!
4.) You should really post a few with you and Dean in them!
5.) Love you guys and hi to Chaz and Sammy too