Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This and that

Since Dean has become so active lately, Chaz and I decided it was time to let her go to the nursery at church on Sunday. I of course was very apprehensive about this. Dean has yet to be around other babies her age and I'm so scared of her getting sick and being out of her element. What if she fusses? Will they know to lay her down? Would they know she doesn't like to be rocked? Do they know she has to have her paci near by at all times? Chaz reassured me it was time so here we are checking her in:





Well, to my surprise (and relief) the ladies that were supposed to work the first service didn't show. I was asked to watch the kiddos and I gladly accepted! I loved the fact that I could keep my eye on her while I watched the other kids as well.

She did so great! She basically sat on the floor and tried to soak in all the kiddos around her. She did reach for a toy or two but her psycho momma wouldn't let her have them. Ha!! I'm so mean. But hey, if you saw other kids slobbering all over the same toy, you'd keep it away from her as well! I caught a little 9 month old boy swatting at her and I about died!! Gosh I'm so glad I was there!!

Leave me alone. I'm a first time mom :)

I know I said last month, Dean really started to change. Last month doesn't even hold a candle to this month! She's started pulling up on my ankles and like for me to help her to a standing position. She mimics the sounds we make and cranes her neck to see what's going on. She's turning the pages in her books like a champ and LOVES to hear you sing the ABC song.

Here's a few pics of my baby angel:

Can you tell we've been feeding her carrots? Ha!










With her bunny slippers!



Busy little bee!












Getting ready for warmer weather!






In other news, my bestie Tina from college is flying in today! I'm so looking forward to her company, as always. She is so sweet to come up here on her spring break. Yeah for Tina Time!!!

4 comments:

danielle said...

she is such a cutie pie! that was nice (and convenient) that you were able to be in the nursery her first time...pretty sure I would feel the exact same way! haha!

John, Emily, Noah, and Luke Wohlgemuth said...

Oh, girlfriend...passing germs is just gonna happen. I never worried about them with my first and the only time he got sick his first year (besides noncontagious ear infections) was at my sisters wedding where 11 people in our family got sick from my niece. He has been sick quite a lot since moving to Oklahoma though. Hoping that passes. Noah ate off the floor, dirt, etc. No worries! But he is a boy...gotta teach 'em to be tough! Ha!

Caitlynne and Jared said...

She is precious!! I can't believe how big she's getting! I love the sunglasses.

Jamie Thompson said...

I laughed reading this post. We just took Finn to the church nursery too and I felt the same way. I guess I'm a psycho mom too. Its ok, I get it.