Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Things I said I'd never do...

There are lots of things I've said "oh, I'd never do that " or "who would do such a thing?" Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm eating crow.

Things I said I'd never do:

1). Move to suburbia.



Yes, I always thought I'd never be one of "those" that lived in suburbia. I used to think I was somehow selling out by living in Edmond, Ok. Turns out, I actually like having shops close by and parks that I can actually take my child to without having to carry a baseball bat.

2). Live in a brand new house.



I can't tell you how many times I've said "ugh, I hate new houses. They are all the same and have zero character." I will gladly take a little less character for a warm, comfortable house that has a garage with a driveway that I don't have to share with the renters next door. (true story) The days of heaters and ACs going out and drafty windows are long gone. I actually don't think I will ever go back to living in an older home. I still love them, don't get me wrong. It's just funny how I can now never see myself ever living in one again. (This sounds like I don't like my house. Actually this is true...I don't like it, I LOVE it!)

3). Let my house look like a daycare because of all the baby junk.




Yup. That's right. Anything to keep my little ankle biter entertained, I'll do it. Even if it means turning my place into the "Wester Wonderland Day Care Center." Pets, obviously, welcome.

4). Stay in my pjs all day.




I have to pick my battles and a certain little 14lb. battle usually wins.

5). Talk about and constantly brag on my child.



How on earth could I not?! She can do no wrong. ;)

Things that I truly will never, ever, do:

Wear mom jeans,



drive a mini van,




and leave huge messes and a bad tip behind when I leave a restaurant.

You can hold my feet to the fire on these :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


4 comments:

Wendi said...

Cute post! Your new house looks nice. :)

Jessica said...

LOVE IT! So true!

Lydia said...

ha! so funny! I with you on ALL of it!

The Murphree's said...

Haha...I'm so with you!