Where to begin?? How about with Tuesday morning. As you know, I was scheduled to be induced at 7:30am. Of course, the hospital calls at 5:45am and says they had an influx of patients that night and they don’t have a bed ready for me. Awesome. MORE WAITING!!!!! Chaz was about to come unglued after that call…luckily, at 9:30am, we were able to go in and get the show on the road.
When we got there, the nurses didn’t waste any time putting in my iv’s, starting my pitocin, and drawing my blood. Lovely. That morning, I came in 2cm dilated and two hours later, my dr. came in and checked me, and of course, I was still at a 2.
To get things moving along, my dr. broke my water and wanted me to go ahead and get an epidural before she did so. I wasn’t really feeling any pain but when she tried to check me, I wouldn’t relax because it hurt so bad. I know, I’m a weenie…I’ve never claimed to be anything otherwise.
My hero and best friend, the anesthesiologist, then came in and gave me the epidural. Holy moly did that make a world of difference!!! I even joked with my father in law that I wish everyone could have a shot of the epidural in a glass when they walked in the door. I haven’t been more comfortable in all my life!! My anesthesiologist called the epidural “Man’s Redemption”. Ha!!!
So needless to say, I was super comfortable from that point forward. I was even sleeping through contractions at one point! My dr. then came back around 8ish (I think) to check me…yeah you guessed it…I was STILL a big fat 2!!! She told me she was concerned that even with messing with my pitocin levels and breaking my water that I wasn’t progressing at all. The baby wasn't moving down in my pelvis as she should, possibly because she couldn't fit. She said she’d come back around 10pm to check me again. I knew what the inevitable was but I wanted to make absolutely sure we did everything we could to get Dean to come out as naturally as possible.
10pm came and guess what? I had made progress….but in the wrong stinking direction!! What!? Is that even possible!? I was at a 1.5! I burst into tears knowing that I had to make a decision that I didn’t want to make. But after 13 hours of labor, I was exhausted and ready to meet my sweet baby girl. Once we gave the go ahead for a c-section, 30 minutes later, Dean Elizabeth made her entrance into this world.
Dean Elizabeth Wester
Born 8-24-10 at 11:21pm
7 lbs, 12 oz and 20 inches long
Just a few minutes old:
It was so surreal hearing her cries the moment she was born. I will never forget when I first laid eyes on her. She was making noises like a screech owl but when they brought her around the blue tarp to meet me, the moment I spoke to her, she immediately quieted down and opened her eyes to look at me. Sigh…I was instantly hooked!!!
Fast forward to today and Dean is doing great!! Her pediatrician thought she may have jaundice but after getting some blood work done today, turns out she doesn’t have it. We are soooo beyond happy, blessed, elated…I could go on and on but I’ll spare you.
I’m on a “high” right now from this little girl which is good because I am exhausted (and in pain-that’s another post in itself)!!! We are trying to establish a schedule with Dean which requires her to feed every 3 hours. Just when we get her changed, fed, cleaned, etc, it’s time to feed again…which leaves little room for sleep. But already at 4 days old, she’s adjusting wonderfully.
I have soo many other stories and funny things that have happened but zero energy to keep typing. I’ll post more on those later. Which brings me to another point: if you have tried calling, emailing, or texting, please know I’m getting all of your sweet messages but just don’t have this mommy thing down yet to have enough time to call you back. I will get the hang of it shortly so in the mean time, please bare with this overwhelmed momma!!! :)
Love all of you and can’t thank you enough for all of your love and support!! :)
A few pics to tied you over...sigh..I'm in looooove!!!!!

Look at all that hair!!! Definitely didn't get it from me!!


Daddy's little girl. He's hooked!
Going home from the hospital!

My final "belly" picture at 40 weeks and 3 days! :)
Again, I'll update soon but for now, I'm going back to bed!!! :)
11 comments:
Thanks for the update, Bonnie! What a story!! Glad that everything went great and that sweet Dean is here. She's such a cutie pie and I know you and Chaz are really loving on her. Can't wait to meet her!
Bonnie & Chaz-
I am overjoyed at the little miracle that Dean is :) What an answered prayer and how blessed you truly are! Tyler & I are praying for y'all and can't wait to see what amazing things God has in store for sweet little Dean's life! We love you!
She is a gorgeous baby! So happy for your sweet family of 3!
Little tears in my eyes. What a wonderful time for you guys right now. So happy for you!! I know you'll enjoy all of it.
Congrats again and again!! She is so beautiful and I cannot wait to see her grow into a wonderful little girl and see you guys as the awesome parents that I know you are! Dean is one lucky little lady. :)
SO precious. I love her "going home" outfit. Just relax and enjoy this time.
Bonnnie,
So glad to hear your story. Like I said, it never seems to go as you hope...but a healthy baby is what matters!
Can't wait to meet her soon. I will text you when we are coming. Love you Momma!
Oh my word she is beyond beautiful!!!! Congratulations!
SO CUTE!!! It takes time to get the hang of it but before you know it you will be an old pro!
Congratulations Bonnie! Dean is so pretty! Isn't she just so much fun!?! I'm sorry that you did not get to deliver the way you wished, but I'm so happy that everything went smooth & that you & your little girl are healthy. Get as much sleep as possible..... blogging can wait.... I've learned that.
Congrats again girl!
Thanks for updating!!! She is so precious! Enjoy these days when they are so tiny becuase before you know they grow up! Can't wait to meet her and hold her!
Post a Comment