Here are a few pictures from the shower that my mom took. I’ll get more at some point but she was the first to send them to me so they’ll get posted first. Such a beautiful shower!
The table...so cute!

With my Mom and Memoll:

Precious sign that my friend Allison hand made! So talented!!

With my beautiful cousins, Katie & Lindsey:

All of my ACU gals. Allison, Ife, Ernnie, & Tina. I've had the pleasure of rooming with every single one of these ladies. Sooo many fun memories! (Missing: Jenn...she hadn't arrived.)

I cannot thank everyone enough for coming and spending time with Dean and me. I’m so grateful for each and every person that came!
In other news, well BIG news…I am officially going to be a SAHM!!! Or “Stay At Home Mommy”!!!!! I put in my notice last week at work and I could not be more excited! Of course, I’m super nervous about this huge transition (lots of that going on this year) but I am so at peace with the decision.
I’ve really been going back and forth for the past several months as to what I should do. Should I quit or should I go back part time? I have a wonderful job that allows for a pretty lenient schedule BUT that would mean giving up precious time away from my baby girl…there were there so many “what ifs” we had to consider.
Chaz and I prayed and discussed every possible case scenario until one night about a little less than a month ago, I got my answer. I woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about it again (random, I know.) But something inside of me told me to quit. I can’t explain it. I woke up the next morning feeling so at peace with my newly found answer that I knew it was an answered prayer…and I’ve never looked back since.
I am so glad to have Chaz’s complete support. He’s been telling me to quit all along but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it for some reason. I’m a planner for all things that could go wrong and going down to a single income scares me, not going to lie. But it’s now time to really test my faith and put my complete trust in God that he’s going to take care of us.
My last day will be the week of August 2nd. That will give me a couple of weeks to prepare, rest, nest, and do whatever I need to do before she makes her appearance. That is, of course, if she decides to come on her due date. We shall see about that! I’m sure she will come when she’s good and ready to. Ha!
Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday. 31 week pictures coming soon- know you are just dying to see my big ‘ol gut, aren’t cha? :)
4 comments:
YEAH!!! Holy Cow-- how exciting! I love staying home with Kennedie.... it has been the best decision we've ever made & I have not regretted it once. I can't get this time back & I'm so thankful to not have to think about anything except being a mom... you will LOVE it! You go girl!
Bonnie! I'm so glad that you've made a decision and that you feel at peace! I'm sure it's a big weight lifted, and I'm really excited for you! Woohoo!
Yay! You will love being a stay at home mommy! Your shower looked precious and I love the dress you are wearing!
That's awesome Bonnie, I am SO glad you're getting to stay at home- you're going to be the best mom :)
Post a Comment