Luckily, we seem to be making lots of progress on the nursery so that makes me feel better that I’m actually accomplishing something before Dean gets here. The rocker came in and I honestly couldn’t be more thrilled with this “thrifty” purchase.
Let me just tell you that we looked EVERYWHERE for the perfect rocker. I’ve been testing out rockers pretty much since the day we found out I was impregnated. My hiney has sat on $400 to $1500 rockers (yes, there are people out there that pay that.) It’s insane! I could not justify spending a lot of money on a piece of furniture that will probably not be used in a couple of years. It just didn’t make any sense.
Lo and behold, I just so happened to stumble upon Walmart.com and their baby furniture. I know, I know. Insert the country-bumpkin music here. But I don’t care because it was EXACTLY what I wanted. I bought it immediately and it shipped out the next day. Might I add that the shipping was free?
My super-cute $169 rocker! Yes folks, you heard me. $169!!!


I didn’t iron the slip cover because I couldn’t wait to get it put together. I’m placing it between the 2 windows so Dean can look outside. Oh I cannot wait to hold her!! I love you, Dean! :)

In other news, we went to a wedding reception for our friends this weekend and it was the perfect opportunity to wear my mom’s maternity dress from the 70’s. I loved how comfy it was and that I could fit it perfectly. Thanks again for letting me borrow it, mom!


Oh and this is just a tid bit of info for any of you who are pregnant and having trouble finding affordable maternity clothing. I found a line of pants by a brand named “Jolt” in Dillard’s junior’s department that sells maternity-type pants. They aren’t specifically labeled as “maternity” but they have waists that fold-over just like maternity pants at a fraction of the cost. They have jeans, khakis, dress pants, capris, etc. And to top it off, they were all like 50% off. They are where you’d find the jeans. I snagged a couple of pairs and couldn’t be happier with how comfy & cute they are.
I’ll post 24 week fatty pictures tomorrow. I’m realllllllly growing these days (and packing on the pounds.) I got on the scale this weekend and couldn’t believe my eyes at the number I saw. Eeek! Oh well, I really am enjoying every minute of this pregnancy. I’m so grateful for my sweet baby girl that I could just cry every time I think about her…which as you can see, is all the time!!!
Hope you enjoy your day!!
2 comments:
I love this post!! I love the chair, the room, the dress, and I love how excited you are! I can't believe its May either however I don't want to hit the pause button, I'm almost ready for fast forward :)
Thank you sooo much for posting about your fabulous baby finds! I'm 13 weeks along and having the same problem finding baby furniture/bedding that I like and is affordable! The Walmart rocker is adorable!!!
Post a Comment