Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A couple of milestones...

This week, Chaz and I will have celebrated 2 major milestones…one being our 5 year anniversary (wow!) and two being that we bought our first car!

We have been so blessed in that my Honda was a wedding gift given to us by my in-laws and Chaz’s has been able to drive the same car since college. We knew, however, that one day we’d have to buy another car since Chaz’s Expedition was getting older. Since I became pregnant, a fire has been lit under us to make this a reality.

It has always been a dream of ours to walk in to a dealership and pay cash for the car we wanted. Well we got that wish this past weekend because that’s exactly what we did! It felt so good to know that when we drove off the lot, it was ours, free and clear! I think I got goose bumps as we got into the car for the first time because our dream had become a reality. I still can’t believe it!

Here's Chaz reading the owner's manual. We couldn't figure out how to turn off the back winsheild wiper:


My first time behind the wheel (note to self: horizontal stripes on a pregnant belly = not cute.)


Off-centered picture but eh-well. I wanted this to be well documented :)




I’ve caught myself a few times looking in the backseat imagining a carseat with my precious little girl in it. Then I imagine her projectile vomiting all over the place and thinking about wrapping all the seats in plastic or something. Ha!

Chaz and I half-heartedly joked that it would be horrible to get caught out in a hail storm in this car because of all the windows (3 sun roofs)…well maybe we shouldn’t have joked about that because the very next day, we were almost caught out in this:



Not joking.



This picture was taken about 10 minutes after we pulled into our driveway. We aren't very smart because we didn't pay attention to the weather forecast for the day...a big no-no in Oklahoma. Close call.

What is the deal with Oklahoma weather? I think I’ve now experienced every type of weather in the span of a year.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Tell me this: Did Skippy take your picture at the car lot? hahah!

danielle said...

That is awesome that you guys got a new car and it is ALL yours!! yay! congrats!

Allison said...

Yay! Congrats Westers! Such a pretty car!

Jessica said...

Yeah!! How exciting to get a new car!!! Even way cooler is that yall paid cash.... what a huge blessing!