But the moment we were turned loose with that scanner gun thingy, a panicky feeling in the pit of my stomach began to form. To make matters worse, the very first row at Babies R Us was full of bottles and breast pumps, which was a joke. They might as well have labeled everything in Portuguese. There were only 100 different bottles to choose from. Oh and don’t forget those little baggy things to go with them. Do I even need those? Am I a bad mom if I get the skinny bottles or the ones that bend at the top that reduce gas? Why do I need a bottle brush if I have a dishwasher? And what the heck are nursing pads anyway?
Do I sound like I’m complaining? That’s really not my intention here. I’m just a little overwhelmed at how much I just don’t know. I’m sure it will come to me eventually. :)
Anyhoo, here we are taking a pic before registering. The Babies R Us lady said it was her first time to ever take a picture of a couple registering. Yes, we are that nerdy:

One of the perks of being a big fat whale:

Side note: you may ask why we are registering when I’m only 5 months preggo. The ladies at my work want to throw me a shower in 2 weeks and wanted to know what I wanted. Just thought I’d throw that in there. I work with some really sweet ladies :)
In other news, the crib came in today!! Chaz surprised me when I came home today. There it was in all its glory, propped up against the wall, ready for daddy to assemble.

Insert typical picture of daddy putting the crib together here:

Oh and I just had to show a picture of what one of Chaz’s managers knitted for Dean. I LOVE this!!!

I can just imagine her teeny little body all snuggled up in this. Ain’t it just the cutest thing?
Ok, sorry for the baby info overload. You can tell what’s on my mind these days…
2 comments:
I love it and love it some more!
First- you are not an enormous whale
Second- you will be an awesome mother no matter what bottle or breast pump you buy
Third- I'm glad you're having the babies first! Be sure to take a lot of notes so I can use them in about 5 years!
Finally- I love you and Chaz and of course lil' Dean! Can't wait to meet her! xxoo Jenn
I totally understand...no one knows anything until they have used it. Thankfully I had a ton of friends who went before me and was able to tell me what bottle is best, etc...and a sister too! Call me if you have any questions and I will try to remember the answer! You will be amazed how fast you can forget...it may be due to lack of sleep??? Who knows!
Post a Comment