I just wanted to jot down how my doctor’s appointment went today. I’ve been saving and printing out each of these posts for Little One’s baby book so I need a record of my 15 week appointment. I love the idea of being able to look back at this time in my life and laugh at silly things I think and say.
The 15 week appointment went great! Long story but I switched doctors and today was the first day I met my new, sweet doctor. She was so careful to explain everything to me in a kind, reassuring way. Something I have yet to experience…
She measured me and I’m right on target at 15 weeks. We got to listen to that sweet heartbeat (152 bpm but once the baby calmed down it dropped to 148bpm) which of course, brought this weepy willow to tears. She let me listen to it for several minutes. She explained as it got louder, it was floating closer to her and as it got quieter it was moving away. Then the heartbeat would be interrupted by loud static which meant the baby was kicking and punching me. kinda a violent child, wouldn't you say?
I get my next sonogram on April 2nd…ahhh!! That’s a whole month! Are you kidding me!? What am I gonna do during all that time? Knit some booties? I guess I'd have to learn how to knit first. When I called to schedule it they said that it would take an hour. Whahoo!! I hope I get to see/hear the baby during most of that hour. My parents and Chaz’s parents are going to get to be there when we find out. It so special to have them clear their schedules to be there. That’s going to be one crowded room, ha!
What a great day today was. I never, ever want to take for granted the blessings in my life right now. We are truly, truly blessed beyond my comprehension.
2 comments:
We cannot wait to be there to witness this miracle!. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We feel honored! Love you both bunches!
Post a Comment