Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Catching up before I throw up...

Gosh if I can get through this first trimester, I can get through ANYTHING. I am definitely envious of those gals that never had any symptoms while preggers. I think I’ve had every symptom possible so far. Of course, I don’t mind it one bit but man oh man I cannot wait for the 2nd trimester.

I think the worst symptom of all (besides gagging, queasiness, smells, etc) has been how stinking tired I am. My get up and go got up and went. My body cannot get enough rest. I just got back from the store and I feel as though I ran a marathon. And speaking of the store, can I just say Walmart is the foulest smelling place on the planet? Between the fried food cooking at the front of the store, the lady in the produce section smelling like a cigarette, and the meat section in the back of the store, my nose couldn’t catch a break. All those smells definitely didn’t help my upset tummy. I may have to have Chaz handle the grocery shopping for a few more weeks…ohhhh I like that idea!

Speaking of Chaz, might I point out that he has been the BEST husband. He has taken care of me and has taken up the slack during these past few weeks. He’s going to be an awesome daddy!

Well, since I’ve had so much time lying around today, I thought I’d get caught up on my Christmas pics/blogging. We spent the first part of Christmas in Terrell at my parent’s house. My nephews got a motorcycle and a four-wheeler from my parents and of course, Chaz had to "test" them out. Umm, I’ll just let the pics speak for themselves:




Sammy chased Chaz until she could run no longer. So cute!!


It was a little muddy, to say the least:




The next night, we headed over to my aunt’s house for our annual 23rd Christmas party that we have had, well, since I can remember. My beautiful cousins:



My dad:


We played Dirty Santa and we put a baby onesie in our gift we brought. Once it was opened, everyone sat in complete silence for what seemed like an eternity! Finally I had to say “I’m pregnant!” for it to sink in. We got the first of it on video but right as I said “I’m pregnant!” it cut off. Awesome.

But we did happen to get Chaz’s family’s reaction on video. Since the blizzard threw everything off, we weren’t able to play the Dirty Santa game with his family like we planned. We had to improvise. While our nephew, Rix, was opening some gifts from his grandparents, we put the onesie in a sack for him to open. As he pulled it out of the sack, I asked Robi (Chaz’s sister) if she thought it would fit him. She goes “I don’t know, Bonnie…it says 3 to 6 months…” I then said, “Well, I know who it will fit in a couple of months” and everyone starts screaming. It was awesome and I’m sooo glad we got it on video. Sorry it’s so small but we were taking it with our camera.) Hopefully it works...I'm having trouble with it...


After everyone made such a fuss over the "gift" he wanted to wear it. Hahaha! He wouldn't take it off. So hilarious!


Chaz's side:


Well, I'm gonna go lie back down. Hopefully this too shall pass. Ha!

6 comments:

Moore Memories said...

Hey Bonnie! This is Holly Garrett-Moore and I sometimes check on you through Courtney or Allison's blog. Congrats! You are the cutest little thing and will love being a mommy! I can't wait to read all about it! BTW~the 2nd trimester will be so much better! Hang in there!

Terry said...

I am tearing up watching the video!! What a special video. Please keep it forever! Love you and hope you feel better soon.
Love, Mom

Erynn said...

So sweet. My little eyes had water.

Boerckel said...

Bonnie, I have watched that video 3 times and everytime I just tear up!!!! It's so cute!!

Jamie Thompson said...

Hey Bonnie! Congrats, Cade and I are so excited for you. But guess what, we are going to have babies at the same time!!!

Lauri Anne said...

OH my gosh... Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! What a sweet Christmas this must have been for you :)