Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Secretary’s Day

Sorry to disappoint but this isn’t a post about my tomato plant or dogs.

These past few weeks, our secretary at my office has been out. When she returned yesterday, I told her I missed her. I missed her dearly, in fact. I was practically graveling at her feet when she returned. I have a new appreciation for her.

You see, when she’s not in, I fill in for her. Don’t know how this really happened. Maybe it’s because I’m still a newbie by my office’s standards. I’ve been there for over 3 ½ years so the fact that everyone at my office has been around 10, 20, or 30+ years makes me more than a newbie. I’m an infant. So I guess when I went to answer the phones the first time she was gone, I unknowingly signed up for second-in-command-secretary.

Answering phones is no fun, let me just tell you. “No sir, I don’t have a crystal ball. I don’t know when they will be off the phone” almost slipped out a time or two. I also never knew that leaving a message or calling back at a later time was the equivalent to rocket science. Oh and that “No Soliciting” sign out on the front door? Yeah, that’s just fancy talk for “we don’t want your crap so save yourself the trouble.”

Keeping up with the day-to-day operations of an office is no walk in the park either. “Yes Mr. Fed-Ex guy, I hear you. There’s no need to sigh at the front desk or jingle your keys until I get there.” You get no respect, I tell ya. Now I know why Secretary’s Day was implemented.

In other random news, Chaz and I are in our 3rd week of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University class. Our homework from last night was to sit down and hash out a budget TOGETHER. I’ve always been the one to handle our finances so it will be interesting to have Chaz’s help. I use the word “interesting” for lack of better words. Ha!

We can do it though. I’m ready to really get intense on saving for a car. Chaz’s Expedition is well over 11 years old and spends every other month in the shop. Plus, something about walking into a dealership and pulling out cold hard cash to pay for a car, (our first car purchase together) really gets me motivated. I’m thinking of putting up a picture of the car I want on the fridge so I can look at it and be reminded of my goal everyday. (Notice who gets the new car in this scenario. :))

Oh and Chaz just found out that we are going to Sonic’s Convention in Vegas this year. Whahoo!! We’re staying at the Mandalay Bay which has an 11-acre beach and wave pool. You know where to find me while he’s discussing tater tots and cherry limeades. Ha!

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Chandy said...

Bon... #1 I miss you #2 I am laughing at your secretary post. Ours is out this week too and that makes me the second in command. I hate it! #3 Love ya girlie..lets hang out soon!
Chandy