
No, it's not Cadbury Eggs. He had been mowing and came across 4 Robin’s eggs underneath a bush in our back yard. (Notice I’m only holding 2. Insert frowny face here.) He said the other two had smashed on the ground. Luckily, these 2 survived the treacherous fall to earth. Chaz climbed up on a ladder and put them back in their nest but after I did some googling, I don’t think it matters much. Apparently a Robin’s body temperature is 104 and they rotate the egg to keep it warm. If the egg is exposed, it can freeze and die. Poor little Robins. Makes me sad. I’ve seen the parents flying around wildly outside. Probably wondering what the heck we’re doing touching their babies!
Isn’t the color just amazing? This is the color we attempted to paint our kitchen but it turned out looking more like a boy’s nursery than “robin’s egg blue” as the label indicated. Nature has a way of getting colors right, doesn’t it?
Speaking of nursery, Chaz and I took a baby gift over to our neighbor’s house last night. She is due in 2 weeks and I had no idea she was even pregnant! Some great neighbor I am, huh?
3 comments:
That REALLY is an incredible color! I attempted that color in my college house but it came out looking like a giant Tiffany box. Oh, well.
Chaz should've just thrown them into a Super Sonic breakfast burrito. They put everything else in the world in those things- not that I'm complaining.
wow...how pretty. too bad they have to hatch or i would use those eggs as some kind of decor!
Post a Comment