Well I’m finally able to breathe! I have been traveling every weekend since Austin which was February 27th! Needless to say, I’m so glad to finally be home and I have no more plans of leaving for a while…that is unless you want to go somewhere fun? Ha! I’m always up for traveling…especially if good friends are involved.
This past weekend I went to the Big Apple! It was A-MA-Z-I-N-G! The traveling part - not so much. My friend, Jenn Walsh, works for American Airlines and so lovingly added me to her buddy list. This means I was able to travel for a fraction of the price which was awesome but the kicker is I have to fly stand-by. Usually, this is no big deal if you live in a big city like Dallas where the flights to New York are pretty much limitless. But, if you live in Oklahoma, there are only a handful of flights to choose from. Couple that with Springtime weather and you have a disaster on your hands. To make a long story short, I finally ended up having to drive to Dallas at the last minute and fly in to Newark, New Jersey. There I am at 1:30am on Friday morning taking a train to New York City all by my lonesome. Surprisingly, I was pretty calm with the predicament I was in. I finally made it safe and sound to Jaime’s apartment by 2am that morning…after at least 15 hours of travel :)
The crazy part of it all is how much I was able to fit in my 2 ½ days. (Half of it was taken up by shopping :)) Ohhh the shopping…ok I’m getting sidetracked. Here’s a few pictures (even though you’ve probably already seen them.)
After a day of shopping in front of the Empire State Bldg (which is right down the street from Jaime's ridiculous apartment!)

All of us:

About to go to dinner. View from Jaime's apartment...you can see the Hudson River & The Empire State Bldg...crazy!!!

Times Square!!! So bright!!!

My first time to Battery Park:

Lady Liberty!!! Not gonna lie, I did shed a tear. I love this country! (Please excuse the gross hair. That's another story in itself...stupid carry on liquids rule...)

New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street...hey can I get a bail out?

Ground Zero. It's astonishing how large of an area it is...

Hangin' on Jaime's bed. Jenn & I sportin' our new sweat suits. Ha!

I have lots more photos but I thought I'd spare you. Mainly this post is for my mom who has given up Facebook for Lent. So enjoy mom!
Ok one last thing. Did anyone see Lady Gaga on American Idol last night?

I soooo love her and all of her weirdness that she is. Just thought I'd throw that in :)
Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!!
2 comments:
Looks like y'all had a great time :) Thanks for sharing pictures!!!
Looks like a blast and i love your new cute green sweat suit!
Post a Comment