Some thoughts going through this ADD head of mine:
Tuesday of last week was a little crazy. We had, as I’m sure you’ve heard, a tornado touch down and do some major damage in the OKC area. Luckily, I went home from work early on Tuesday because that sucker went right over the top of my office. I’m so glad I did because I would have made a complete fool out of myself in front of my colleagues. I tell you what, these things keep getting a little too close for comfort. I’m thinking about making the tornado siren a ring tone since it’s become such a part of my life here in OK.
Valentine’s Day was a little different this year. I surprised Chaz with his favorite dinner (Hawaiian Chicken) Friday night and a set of Mexican Train Dominoes (his new favorite thing to do.) He in turn, cleaned the entire house for me Saturday morning...I’m talking laundry, toilet bowls, showers, and the hardwoods. Doesn’t get any better than that ladies, now does it? He topped it off with a romantic dinner at Chickfila. I know you’re thinking to yourself “umm that’s not romantic at all!” Oh contraire, my friends. I didn’t have to put on a stitch of make up, wait for an hour to eat, and it was dee-lish! We then watched the movie “Idiocracy” which was hilarious!!! If you haven’t seen it, you must. Super dumb but that’s the premise. All in all, great Valentines Day…our 7th valentine’s Day! Yipes!
Speaking of my dear sweet husband, sometimes, I just want to poke his eyes out. He was at Home Depot a few weeks ago and there was a drawing for one of those cool, front loading LG Washer and Dryers (the teal green ones in that Kelly Rippa commercial are a dream of mine.) Thinking of me of course, he entered the contest. Only thing is, he put MY name and contact info into the “drawing”. Everyone knows that these are marketing ploys to get you to buy something else or to get your mailing address. Only problem is, THEY NOW CALL ME ONCE A DAY. Side note, I didn’t win, but they want to know if I’m interested in a home purifying system. Thanks, Chaz.
I heard a bewildering statistic the other day while listening to my beloved talk radio. The statistic was that since October, our country has spent 10 trillion on this bail out mess. 10 trillion! That’s enough to pay off 90% of the mortgages in this country. You wanna talk about stimulating the economy?! Can you imagine what THAT would do for the country???
THE END. :)
1 comment:
I was thinking about you last week and am glad you are safe!!
Sounds like a delightful Valentines weekend. Cherish them before you have kiddos because then it becomes a little tricky to plan. Although, Chick-fil-a would have been a hit with Noah!
Post a Comment