Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pot Luck

Ok, Ok. I’ve stunk at blogging lately. I haven’t really taken any pictures (and I’m sure you’re sick of seeing pictures of my dogs sleeping) therefore, I’ve felt compelled NOT to post. I hate to just write for fear that you will skip over my mind-numbing blog. I like a little “meat” to my posts. So here’s a pot luck of a post for ya. Mmm…pot luck. That reminds me of those yummy after church meals that I could smell all through the Sunday morning service when I was young. They don’t really do those anymore, do they? I’ve made a lot of references to food in just one paragraph. I must be hungry.

On to some random news. Chaz’s Bricktown Sonic is going to be featured on the Food Network! (Yes, another reference to food. Sorry. I can’t help it. It’s our livelihood.) Pretty nifty huh? (Here he is in front of the store back at the Breast Cancer run.)

They are closing it down for a couple of days next week to film. I asked Chaz if he would be on camera and his response was “Maybe.” A really informed response, huh? I’m guessing it might be featured on that “Diner’s & Drive-Ins” show they run on the Food Network, but I’m not sure. I’ll keep you posted. My husband will be a celebrity. He’s already got the look…hubba hubba. Ok…’m getting distracted…moving on…

Next weekend, we are heading down to the Motherland…aka Texas. Ahhh. My home sweet home. Oh how I miss it. Well, technically I don’t really miss the traffic or the angry drivers on I-35 that like to terrorize those with an Oklahoma license plate. It’s the family and friends I miss, of course. My Memoll is turning 75 and we’re throwing her a surprise birthday party on Saturday. Don’t worry, Memoll won’t be reading my blog so I didn’t ruin the surprise. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen Memoll within 10 feet of a computer. I think my secret’s safe.

Since we didn’t really have any plans for the weekend besides the party on Saturday, Chaz and I took the liberty of making the trip into a mini vacay. We are going to stay at Hotel Zaza Friday night.

This hotel is sentimental to us because it’s where we stayed after our wedding. I remember getting out of the car in my gown in front of the hotel like it was yesterday. Awww…tear!!! Here's a throw back picture of after the wedding at Zaza:


By the way, you better believe I ate every drop of food in those to-go containers to the right of me. I was starving! We will be bringing our children along with us this time around which is pretty much Heaven for me. I love pet friendly places, which besides Petsmart, are pretty rare.

Well if you’re in town next weekend and don’t have any plans, give us a shout and we can do something fun. Hope all is well with everyone. Until we meet, I mean, blog, again…take care!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE that show so I'll be looking for Chaz :)