Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, September 29, 2008

RUNNING to THE OFFICE SOONER than later

Since I spend more time on the title of my post than actual posting, I thought I'd make a sentence out of all my random thoughts on each post--hence the title :)

I have completed my first intense week of marathon training and all I have to say is WOW. Why the WOW? Because 1) I am having absolutely zero leg, muscle, or knee pain and 2) I ran my 4 mile in 41:10. And, if you know anything about my last training experience (bless you for sticking around to my ever so boring blog), these two feats were nonexistent.

I remember having so much pain in my knee cap after my first few runs that I was going to have to quit running all-together. Every muscle in my body was screaming obscenities at me for putting it through such torture. And running anything close to a 10 minute mile?? Ha! I was not even close. Well, here I am. I feel like a million bucks today. That runner’s high? I’m on it. I know you’re probably thinking this isn’t that big of a deal but to me it is. Life is good!!!

Speaking of life being good, how about them Sooners? They’re GRRReat!!! (I’m using my best Tony the Tiger impression here.) #1!!! Chaz and I went to my first game of the season on Saturday. We met up with Aaron & Allison (sans little Noah) and as always, it was so great to see them, even if it was only for a total of an hour. Ha! Bless their hearts-traffic after an OU game = you want to rip your eyeballs out. Oh the joys of the only traffic jam you will ever be in Oklahoma.

By the way: What did you think of The Office this week? As always, there were some really funny parts (aka Dwight making Phyllis run back to the office to burn off some weight) but I was sorta kinda disappointed. Of course, I loved that Pam & Jim are engaged but who was that ugly guy at school moving in on Pam? (Or so they lead you to believe.) I think this calls for an early nineties phrase “Oh no he didn’t!!!” :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

we did want to "rip our eyeballs out" after that game! but we were happy to have seen y'all even if it was brief! thanks again and for the yummy candy...the scale is not thanking you however! :)