Well, Chaz has officially switched into “supervisor” mode. In just 5 days, he already seems more authoritative...and in just 5 days, I can already see he’s worn out. :( Poor guy. He has to tackle everything involved in running a Sonic and multiply it by 5 stores. I know it will get better in time. Watch, just he gets the hang of things, he’ll get promoted :)
Last night, Chaz invited me along on a “mystery shop” to 2 of his stores. Basically, it’s where Chaz secretly visits as a customer. We took my car so we could be incognito. A man in a bright, cheery voice answered immediately (check on the response time), up-sold us on some cheddar bites (check on the up-sell), and had our food to the curb within 2 ½ minutes (check on the curb time). This crew was on their toes. They passed with flying colors.
The second store, ehhh, not so much. The food was great but arrived 4-5 minutes late. And to Chaz’s dismay, there on the front patio for the entire world to see was a car hop smoking and texting. Gross!!! He was not a happy camper. Needless to say, he’s got his work cut out for him. But I will have to limit my mystery shop ride-alongs. I don’t think my arteries can take it :)
Switching gears: Sarah Palin. Wow. I’m truly amazed. She knocked one out of the park with her speech, as far as I’m concerned. She is the breath of fresh air that the Republican party needs because honestly, I haven’t been really feeling McCain and neither has the GOP. In all honesty, I wish she were running for President.
Here’s my only concern with Palin: her family. If she becomes VP, she in turn puts her family on the back burner. I don’t think it would bother me so much if her children were older. It’s the fact that she has very small children who need their mommy. National crisis or child’s first day of school? National crisis or child’s sickness? Who do you think will get the attention? Naturally, the nation. And that’s her obligation to you and me as citizens. But what about her obligation to her children? She chose to override that when she accepted the nomination. Critics of this view say “Oh she can do both. She can have it all.” That’s not true. Something will have to give and that something is her family. Don’t get me wrong. I really, really like Palin. I’m just concerned for her family. That’s my opinion. You can take it or leave it.
Soooo glad it's Friday! I'm waiting to hear if we have tickets to the suites at the OU game. We never find out until the last minute. Hey, I'm not complaining!!! Have a great weekend!!
1 comment:
I am now stalking you too :) This gets so addicting! Reading your posts about Chaz working for Sonic makes me really crave some tots.
Post a Comment