So, I’m finally home! August has been a pretty nutso month for me. It’s definitely true when I hear people say “I need a vacation from vacation.” I had huge piles of things on my desk that overwhelmed me a little when I returned to work last Tuesday. I just finished crawling out from underneath all of it.
Mexico was awesome. A lot of people have commented on the fact that there wasn’t anyone in the background of our pictures. A) A lot of the pics we took were in the morning. People didn’t start getting to the pool until around noonish. We of course were up at the crack of dawn. I can’t sleep in anymore. I'm old. B) It simply wasn’t crowded. I think it was due to the time of year; kids going back to school, summer drawing to a close, or maybe even the economy could have been a factor. Whatever the reason, it was great!!! There was always a chair open at the pool (sometimes we’d even have the pool all to ourselves!) and we never had to wait to eat. Two great combos if you ask me!
This past weekend, I flew down to Austin to visit Tina. I always leave with a refreshing feeling after I visit her. She makes me laugh, tells it to me straight, and is just a true-blue friend. I love Austin. I could totally see us living there. “There’s nothing to do” never crosses my mind. Maybe one day Chaz could get transferred there :) I’ll post pictures as soon as I have time to upload them.
Speaking of Chaz, he starts his new job Monday. Yes, I know that’s Labor Day but the Sonic world knows no holidays. His home office is almost completely finished and is so cute…ahem, I mean manly :). I know the dogs are pumped about him being at home so he can let them in and out all afternoon. I can see that getting old really fast…
Oh, and if you’re still reading this and have not keeled over in your chair from boredom, I just purchased the book Rich Dad: Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Has anyone ever read this? I heard it’s a good read and totally changes your prospective on money. I remember Monty Lynn recommending the book to my Intro to Business class back when I first began college. Yeah, that was 7 years ago (wow!) and I’m just now getting around to it. I can pass it along after I’m done if anyone’s interested because I'm sure you are (sarcasm).
Oh, and I’m addicted to half.com. I buy a new book every week. If anyone has any suggestions on a really good book, send them my way. I’m always up for a good read.
3 comments:
Hey Bonnie! Have you read The Shack? It's a great book!
I have read Rich Dad, Poor Dad- great book!
I'll have to check out the website... I love to read too!
Hey Bonnie! I found your blog through Jana's. You should read The Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore if you have not already read it. :) Take care.
Joy Huff
Post a Comment