This weekend was full of highs and lows. I’ll start with the “highs”. Aaron, Allison, and little precious Noah came to visit us. We had yummy Ted’s Escondido Friday and they got to stay with us that night. We had a really great, relaxing visit. It was fun to have a baby in the house. We soon realized though, that our house is everything BUT baby-proof, right Allison? Ha! And, it also became quickly evident that I’m never around children when I gave Noah a breakable plate and metal fork to eat with. Awesome. I’m going to be a great mother. Anyway, thanks for visiting us guys!
On to the lows of my weeknd: Chaz and I ran the City Arts Center’s “Midnight Streak” this past Saturday night. To our surprise, there were hundreds upon hundreds of people there. Chaz did great and I was so proud of him…but me? Not so much. It was torture. Complete and utter torture. The heat got to me and I felt like I was going to pass out or vomit-which ever came first. They both would have been a relief. I didn’t even get through the first mile before I started hating my life. There was a stretch of the trail that there was absolutely no air AT ALL. Think of running 3.2 miles in a sauna and you might get a feel for what I experienced Saturday night. I had a headache 2 days straight from it. I have completely swore off running anymore races that are in the months of June, July, or August unless they are held in a completely air conditioned room or in Alaska. You live and learn, right? Here’s a pic before the race and before the torture began:
See, the time? It’s Midnight. Time for a little streaking:
Get off me, I’m a sweaty beast:
Welp, I’m out. Have a great Tuesday, ya'll!
2 comments:
we had fun and thanks again for letting us stay with you! i was wondering if you went through with the midnight run! good job!
mexico sure does sound good right now! :)
YEAH- we just got back from 8 days in Rivera Maya (Playa Del Carmen)- we went for a friends wedding and our 2nd anniversary! It was beautiful!!!
Post a Comment