Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Roughin' It

This past weekend, Chaz and I packed up our camping gear and headed south to Broken Bow, OK to celebrate my brother, Jason’s, 30th birthday. I cannot believe I have a sibling that is 30 years old! Where does the time go? Anyway, we got down there Saturday morning and got straight on the boat for some tubing, skiing, and wakeboarding. We had a blast! (I have more pics on my camera but I have to charge it first since the battery died…when will they make cameras that can run on air and no battery?) :)

Here’s a picture of Chaz wakeboarding. Such a stud:


Since we never camp and haven’t in like 15 years, we decided to buy the cheapest tent at Target. Well, I guess you get what you pay for because our tent was TINY. You couldn’t even stand up in it! We did, however, manage to squeeze in our queen-sized blow up mattress. Ha! Now that was interesting. Here’s a picture of us in front of our humble abode:


Yes, that is my swim suit. And yes, it’s very old lady. Trust me, Chaz has given me grief over it. I walked out of the dressing room at Target with it on and he gave me the “I cannot believe you are wearing that you old lady” look. There just comes a time in a woman’s life when she’s not comfortable in the teeny-weeny bikini. I have a lot more to cover these days than I did back then.

The birthday boy, Jason, and my sister in law, Nance:


My brother Neil, sister in law Courtney with their precious family:


We had a great time. There’s just something nostalgic about being in the fresh air on a lake in the summertime. It makes me feel like a kid again. We’ll definitely have to do it again sometime.

Chaz and I are burned pretty badly. Smart, huh? We put on layer after layer of sunscreen but out pasty-white, 40-hour-work-week bodies couldn’t match the powerful sun. All I can say is ouch!


Oh and I still don’t have my Honda back. :( I miss her. But you better believe I’m not going to call the Honda dealership and ask what’s taking so long. They might get annoyed and tell me I owe them $5,000 for the transmission. I’ll go ahead and keep my mouth shut…:)

3 comments:

*Courtney* said...

That looks like so much fun!

And I agree about the teeny bikini thing...it just doesn't feel the same anymore! :)

Allison said...

How fun! you should see my "mom" swimsuit...hehe :)

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad that y'all had such a great time! I totally agree about the swimsuit thing- Tyler dosen't understand it either!