Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My New Obsession

When Chaz and I were living in Vienna, I quickly became attached to a little store called H&M. They sell cute, trendy and most importantly CHEAP clothes and accessories. Every time I stepped foot in a store, I’d come out with something. I’m sure you have heard of it but might not have had the luxury of visiting this store since it has very few locations in the States. This was not the case, however, in Vienna. Like Starbucks, you could literally find an H&M store on every other corner. Ahhh…Heaven!

Ever since we got back to the States, I’ve been dying to get my H&M fix. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING here in Oklahoma City that even came close to H&M (shocker!). I think the closest thing we have is Gadzooks. Awesome.

Enter Forever 21. Oh how I love thee. Every time I visit my parents in Terrell, I make my mom spend $50 in gas to drive me all the way out to Northpark mall to Forever 21 so I can spend $30 on a few outfits. (Hence the dress I'm wearing in my profile picture.) Ha! Sorry mom!

Well drive no more because we just got one here in the good ‘ol OKC! Whoohhoo!! We are moving on up! I love everything about this store: the cool floors, the beautiful chandeliers, the lush dressing rooms, the wall décor, and again, most importantly, the CHEAP CLOTHES!!! Seriously, I’m obsessed.



Another reason I’m obsessed? I read an article about the owners, Don and Jin Chang. They are from South Korea and are “devout Christians” as represented by the John 3:16 verse on the yellow shopping bags/receipts. (I’m going to go home and look and see if this is true because you know I have a few bags lying around :)) Also, the article states that “the couple doesn’t believe in debt” and is “strict about keeping costs lean and reinvests its profits into expansion.” Who knew? All I was trying to do was find a cheap shirt. All the more reason to support the company :)

I think I’ve figured out what Chaz can get me for my birthday…oh and I’ll take a bike, too. Haha-just kidding…okay maybe I’m not…

UPDATE: I went home and looked on my yellow shopping bag and yup, there it was. John 3:16. Pretty stinkin' awesome if you ask me :)

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

SO- I am excited for you! I LOVE the Forver 21 outlet in Grapevine Mills Mall, next time you're in town- we'll HAVE to go... it's the biggets one I have ever seen!

Bonniebeewester said...

Ann-no way!!! I had no idea they had one even BIGGER!! I'll DEFINITELY be paying a visit sometime :)

PS-you need a blog!

Leslie said...

Ok I love that! I love Forever 21. Thanks for sharing that info.

The petition was about selling alcohol in our area. We are a dry area, its weird because you just have to go across the RR tracks and they sell it there.

I so hate Wal-Mart

Allison said...

of course i love forever 21....did you know there is now one in good 'ole town east?

going to h&m is definitely on my list when we go to ny in a few weeks!