Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Redbud, Running & Rix

The 5K run this weekend went great! We couldn’t have asked for better weather, that’s for sure. It was in the low 70’s and not a cloud in the sky. It actually got hot and we got burned. There were over 2,000 participants so the turnout was great! I love living in Oklahoma City. The people here are so kind. While running through the neighborhoods, people came out of their houses to cheer us on and even brought out their water hoses so you could run through them to cool off. It was awesome!

Here’s a picture of Chaz and I before the race (and before all the sweatiness):


It was bright!!!


And here are our race results:

Chaz placed:
57 out of 111 men ages 25-29
And 339 out of 662 men overall in the 5k
Net Time: 31:15
Avg Mile: 10:04
(He did great considering he hasn’t ran a lick in a looooong time)

I placed:
41 out of 122 women ages 20-24
220 out of 968 women overall in the 5K
Net Time: 30:59
Avg Mile: 9:59

I beat my time from last year’s Memorial 5K by 5 minutes. Hey, at least I’m improving! That’s all I can ask for. I’ve been training at about a 12 minute mile (yes, go ahead and laugh, its okay) and I ran a 9:59 mile this weekend. I guess it was the adrenaline and wanting to beat my time from last year that made me pick up the pace. I definitely don’t expect those kind of numbers during the half.

Also, during the race, I saw a dad running while pushing his handicapped son who was about 6 years old. Seeing him running for his son who will never be able to do so had me almost in tears during the race. He was incredibly inspiring. Maybe the image of him pushing his fragile, precious son will help me keep going during the half. It was definitely a sight to see.

On another note, Chaz’s parents went down to see sweet baby Rix (Chaz's sister's baby) this past weekend. Here’s a hilarious little picture of that cutie pie:


Isn’t he huge? Such a happy baby…

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :)

4 comments:

Collin and Christy said...

Wow! I'm so impressed and so proud! That is great time! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on!! Way to go!!

Ann Hastings said...

I am impressed by both of you, good job! I can't imagine running it... I haven't ran since high school :(

*Courtney* said...

good job chaz and bonnie! looks like it was a perfect day for running. :)

Allison said...

GO Bonnie GO!!!