Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

One Faboo Weekend!

What an absolutely fan-tabulous weekend! I had the privilege of spending the weekend with my friend Tina from college. Gosh, we had so much fun just gabbing away and just hanging out like old times. After weekends like this, it makes me wonder why I wait so long to see her again!

If you know Tina, you know that she has been blessed with the gift of decorating. I, on the other hand, have not. On Saturday, after we got our toes done, we set out to shop for house stuff. She picked out a few staple items for me: new rug, lamps, wall art, etc. We got home and rearranged furniture and decorated until midnight. It was so much fun! I enjoyed having someone tell me what looks good and she enjoyed telling me what looks good. Ha! I’ve posted a few pics below to show you her handy work. Isn’t she fabulous??









Sammy & Zena were pooped after helping us decorate:


So now, my house feels like a home. I’ve been told there comes a time when you can finally sit back and look around and feel truly comfortable. I’m at that stage right now, I think. What a great feeling! Oh and I realized after Tina left that we didn't take one picture together! We were so caught up that we completely forgot! Boooo!

Good news! I found out Chaz gets to come home Thursday! It’s a few days sooner than we had originally thought. He has officially been gone almost 3 weeks. Yikes! I can’t get my hopes up too soon because his boss asked if he could come back out to Atlanta. Yeeeaaah. I’m just thrilled. (Sense my sarcasm.) I know he’s just got to be so homesick. Living in a hotel for almost 3 weeks can’t be so great.

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad y'all had a wonderful weekend (I miss you both bunches). The house looks great, good job!

Emily said...

Living in a hotel for 1 week kind of sucks...3 weeks must be horrible! The most I've done is 2 weeks and that was at least in 2 different cities but I was still so ready to be home.

OMG I wish I had a Tina to come decorate my house for me. It is in desperate need of some major help. Your living room looks great!

Allison said...

Where did u get those lamps?

Everything looks great and it sounds like y'all had a blast doing it!