Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Killing some time while writing down goals...

I’ve finished all of my work for the day and its only 3:15pm on a Friday afternoon. An hour and 45 minutes left until the weekend. Ugggghh. I’m sitting here, wishing I were outside in this amazing weather we’re having. Watching the time pass very sloooowwwwly is about to kill me. So, instead of watching the seconds tick away, I thought I'd take it upon myslef to blog.

They say that if you write down your goals, they are more obtainable. Who says that? I don’t know--maybe the people that achieved their goals, I guess. I’ve been meaning to write mine down since the beginning of the year and haven't really gotten around to it. Anyway, since I really don’t have much to blog about today, I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone (I hate that phrase; I don’t know why I use it) and blog about my goals. I know you’re jumping out of your chairs in excitement to read this. Oh well, I just wasted 5 minutes in typing this little intro.

Goals for 2008:

-Find someone new and impact their life in a positive way
-Finish a half marathon
-Travel to a country I’ve never seen
-Relax more
-Eat less fried food :)
-Ride a bike
-Volunteer
-Get organized
-Plant a garden & grow tons of fresh veggies
-Worry less
-Be a better friend
-Cherish the time I spend with my grandmas more
-Read a good book(s)
-Finish our master bath
-Finish our laundry room
-Meet the new neighbors
-Go to the beach
-Cook more
-Get involved with a connections group at church
-Spend less time with Chaz in front of the tv and more outside

Life Goals:
-To go to Heaven
-Be an awesome wife that my husband can’t wait to get home to
-Have children-gosh I can’t wait!
-Have a paid-for home
-Take my parents to Europe
-Run a full marathon
-Have grandkids that I get to spoil rotten
-Work for an NGO
-Go back to Austria
-Live in an old, historic house with tons of trees that has a wrap-around white porch with white colums and swing (I haven’t thought this one through ;))
-To be able to abundantly give to others

Well looky there, the weekend is only 30 minutes away now and I’ve written down some of my goals. Not a bad way to kill some time (and bore you to tears)

Happy Easter!!!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Great idea- I think I'll do that too, I haven't made my list in a while!

Allison said...

I have no list yet but I know one you can add to your life goals- take the Aaron and Allison to Europe!

edensfamily said...

Bonnie I am impressed....you are better than me, if it was a holiday weekend I would have said peace and left!! Great goals, Jason did that one year and it was amazing to see the goals he got to cross off his list.

Collin and Christy said...

Those really are fantastic goals! Some of those would be extremely difficult for me!
I really hope we are on a roll this year! lol, it does give you a great feeling when you get to mark something off the debt list!