Moving on, this weekend in the Wester household was a good one. We defeated Texas with a nail-biting win. I think I sprouted a grey hair or two, bit off all my nails, screamed at a few people all while watching in suspense. Both teams played so well. I love games like that. I was also glad to see Malcolm Kelley back in the game. Not that he ever left but last week against Colorado we didn’t pass to him once. Just shows how vital he is to the Sooners. He’s my fav.
Of course, when we travel to Dallas, we can’t go for just one thing. We have to cram every second of the weekend with something. Not that I really mind bc obviously, I thrive on being busy, but I just feel like I’m always rushing around and never get to relax while I’m there. We hung out at the fair Saturday morning with Aaron, Allison, and Jarrod. It was, as always, so good to be with them. Makes me really miss home We then went to the game, left at half-time to get to my friends’ wedding, Justin & Amber Arrington. So cute! The wedding was so special. I practically knew everyone there bc I grew up with them both. It was also like a high school reunion. People I haven’t seen in 7 years were there. Again, there weren’t enough hours in the day to get to visit with everyone. It brought back a lot of fond memories of high school. I’m so glad I can look back and remember such a fun time in my life. Not that I would ever want to repeat it but you always hear people say “high school was a miserable time in my life” and that’s just not the case with me. We didn’t get back to our hotel until 2am. Waaay past my bedtime :)
Sunday, we got up and went to North Park mall. We have to also take advantage of the Dallas shopping. Oklahoma has mediocre shopping so getting to go to specialty stores is always a treat. We came out 2 hours later with a $5 shirt and a couch!!! Yeah!!!! I’m super excited about our couch. Is sooo comfy (unlike our piece right now) and we can fit several people on it. It will be delivered by the end of this month so of course, Chaz is elated. He hates the one we just bought in April…yes April…so he’s pumped. If you know anyone that needs a couch that’s only 6 months old and doesn’t like to be comfortable while watching tv, then tell them to give me a call. I don’t know what we’re going to with it though. We’ll see…
And one last bit of news, our dear Zena became a woman at 7:30am this morning. She was finally of age and was fixed. We boarded her Friday night before we left and I haven’t seen her since. The though of her being alone last night, in a dark, cold cage made me want to break in to the vet and get her. (They are closed Sunday’s.) Of course, someone comes in and lets them out but you know they don’t stay long. Chaz and I are dying to see her. I’m sure she’s currently snoozing away but I need to have her back asap!
Whew! This is a long and boring post. But hey, I live a pretty boring life sometimes. Well, it’s not boring to me but when you put it on paper, it sounds boring, huh? Anyway, happy Monday! Only 4 more days until the weekend! Boo!!!
3 comments:
it was great to see y'all as always! make sure you post a pic of your new couch when it arrives! :)
Sounds like a really fun weekend!
I'll have you know that I DID check your blog and noticed that you hadn't posted in ages, haha.
Glad you're back. We weren't too happy about the Texas loss, but it was a good game. Next year, hopefully, Matt and I can hang out with y'all and the Ellis' fam before the game too!
Post a Comment