Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Tribute

This post is to pay tribute to our new pup, Miss Zena, aka "Z", "ZZ", or "Fa-Zena". We call her our little wolf dog because she looks like a miniature black wolf. I drove, yes drove, over 1,000 miles to get her! No, I am not crazy, just an animal fanatic. I drove to Dallas Friday night, stayed with my parents, got up bright and early Saturday morning, drove to San Antonio and back to Dallas. Sunday, I drove from Dallas back up to OKC. Yes, it was a lot, and I mean A LOT of driving, but Z was worth every mile.

She cracks us up. She has learned to hold her own with Sammy because Sammy can be very dominating. Sammy has really warmed up to her-she brings Z her toys and they like to roll around in the grass together. One thing Sammy does not like is that Z is a morning kinda gal. It takes Sammy a looong time to wake up. I've made the bed up with Sammy in it. In stark contrast, once Z is up, she's up and going 200%! Needless to say, Sammy is grouchy towards Z and sometimes lets out a little growl here or there. Other than that, the transition has been very smooth.

So, like most tributes, I have posted some pics of our new little 3.5lb. addition. Hope you enjoy!! She's stinkin' hilarious!!!

Z with her favorite toy, Froggy:



Z chillin' on the hardwoods (no, my floors aren't usually that dirty, our alarm guy got insulation everywhere)



Kickin' it in the grass:


Smilin' and Profilin':




Hangin' out in the blue chair. Sammy looks thrilled (and huge!!):


Stickin' her tounge out at me:

2 comments:

Allison said...

That little Zena is precious!! I want to meet that cutie!

Aaron said...

Cute dog. I remember when Sammy used to "dominate" Chester as well. (Or something to that affect)
That is until I almost killed her with my 9 iron. Sorry about that by way.

Hey keep your eye for 3 tickets to the OU/Miami game. We're planning on going (With Noah) so if you know anyone selling their tickets- Please let us know!
Thanks