This weekend was so great. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to be out in it. Chaz’s sister came into town and she was soooo cute with her pregnant “belly”. I say “belly” because it was merely poking through. I could definitely tell she had started to show but she has only gained about 7 pounds so far. I guess next time I see her, she’ll have a full fledge belly!! Sooo precious! Chaz’s parents kept walking up to her and patting her on the stomach. They would rub it and talk to it. It was adorable. We are all so excited and can’t wait to find out the sex in a few weeks.
The garage sale in Chaz’s parent’s neighborhood went great! Chaz and I only put a few things in and ended up making almost $200 bucks! I couldn’t believe it. My degree came in handy because we figured out it was all about how you market the items. We would constantly move stuff around or display our junk in different ways and it worked. I was astonished to see people buy my crap. Almost all of it was sold. It was fun and I don’t have to haul all of that junk around anymore!
This weekend was the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. What a great experience. I ran with my friend, Amanda, and we really had a good time. I met my goal and ran the entire time!!! I know it wasn’t that far, but I was so very proud of myself. It was a great feeling to have met one of my goals for this year. I’m definitely sore.
This run also reminded me of the 168 people who died in the bombing. When we got there at 5:45am Sunday morning, a mini ceremony took place before we ran. We had 168 seconds of silence and the National Anthem was sung. It was so powerful because by the time the Anthem had ended, everyone was singing it at the top of their lungs-ALL 15,000 OF US!!! WOW!!! I would be lying if I didn’t say I shed a tear. It was so real to me and hit home when I saw people running in honor of someone. I forget how many people were affected by such a horrible event. One guy was running in remembrance of “The Little Chairs” – which meant all the children who died. It broke my heart. It’s so weird to be living in a city where such a tragic incident occurred. This city seems like the last place on Earth where a terrorist attack would happen.
Anyway, Chaz and I went out looking at houses again. I don’t know why I do it to myself, but it is so fun! My mom teases me and says I’ll buy one waaay before my lease is up in February of next year. She’s probably right but as of right now, I’m enjoying going to open houses and pricing different areas. So much fun!
Well, I guess I’m out. I’m about to go home to my honey and make some spaghetti. Yuuuummmmyyy! Married life’s so wonderful….
1 comment:
Thanks for the applause on being a stay-at-home mom Bonnie! We had decided that a long while ago, but I just told my boss this week...that was hard. I know it's the right decision and what is best for our family.
That's exciting that Chaz's sister will find out soon what she's having! What fun!
And I agree with your Mom...you'll probably break your lease. ;)
Post a Comment