Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring is here!!!

What a great weekend! Chazzie and I got up early Saturday morning and drove to Dallas for a baby shower and an engagement party. We had such a great time getting to see all of our friends. Such a diverse group of people and I love it!

We decided at the last minute Friday night, I’m talking at midnight last minute, to get a hotel in Dallas instead of driving all the way out to Terrell to stay with my parents. We checked in to the Hilton at noon and I dropped Chaz off at the Galleria to shop and stuff while I went to my friend Courtney’s baby shower. Chaz told me he’d pick me up something. Hee hee, I’ll tell you about that later. I went to the shower and it was so great to see all my old friends whom I miss terribly. It always reminds me of all the fun times I used to have with them every time we get together. Courtney is seriously the cutest little pregnant lady! She looked like she had a little basketball under her shirt. So precious! Of course, it makes me want a baby even more, especially a little girl. She got so many cute little frilly dresses and bows-adorable!

So I leave there and swung by my cousin Lindsey’s new house. Well, it’s sorta new. Her fiancĂ©, Justin, bought it a few years ago and she’s getting married in May and has been painting and redoing it. It’s the cutest house in downtown Rockwall. It was so great to see her…I can’t believe she’s getting married in less than 2 months!

When I got back to the hotel, Chaz had a Coach SHOPPING bag for me to open. I started squealing as I opened the cutest purse EVER! He also gave me some new perfume that I had been wanting. We need to come to Dallas more often! He’s the best hubby ever :)

We then went out to Plano to an engagement party for Jenna Munns and Casey Maynard. Chaz is going to be a groomsman in their wedding in June in Aspen, CO. I know it will be such a beautiful wedding. They looked so happy. It was so great to run in to everyone-it was like an ACU reunion. Or a Kojie/Moonie reunion. Ha!

So, all in all, it was a very successful trip to Dallas. I’m going back this weekend because my mom, my aunt’s and I are throwing my cousin her wedding shower. It’s going to be another short trip because I want to be back by Saturday night to help Chaz get ready for his first day at his new job on Monday. It feels like forever since he got this job and I know he’s anxious to start. It was sad though because yesterday, we got in the mail his buyout information from the store. This means we will no longer be owners of a drive-in. It’s been fun and a lot of hard work (well for him anyway) but I know god has so much in store for him. He’s going to do such great things. I’ve know that though since I met him over 5 years ago.

Not much else to report. Our house still needs some major attention. The 2nd bedroom is a holding room for junk—exactly what I did not want it to become. We are in the process of looking for a bed so hopefully that will come soon. We’ll see. Anyway, I’m out like trout.

1 comment:

*Courtney* said...

Bonnie! It was great to see you and you are terribly missed by all of us Texas folk. That means you and Chaz need to get pregnant and move down here soon! :) I'm kidding, I know this new job will be great and y'all are settling into a new house...sounds like everything is peachy!