Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Friday, August 24, 2012

2

My baby is 2. TWO! Chaz looked at me almost terry-eyed last night and quietly said, "can you really believe Dean is 2?" I guess it made it hit home a little more when he said it out loud. Crazy.













At 2:

-there isn't much she DOESN'T say.
-new phrases include: "what's mommy doing?", "where's Sammy?", "sit up here" while patting the table, "what happened?", "Sammy get you", "where'd daddy go?", "mommy's hands are cold", "mommy/daddy have one", and answers "yeah" when you ask her a question.
-loves to color, play with barbies, cuddle babies, pretend to cook, and push her baby stroller around the house.
-now obsessed with Barney. I cannot stand Barney but I love to see her dance and sing along to the songs so it makes it bearable.
-very, very polite. I don't have to prompt her too often to say "please" or "thank you".
-favorite songs include: "Walkie Ways" (Walk in His Ways), "Call Me, Baby" (Call Me, Maybe), and anything Justin Beiber
-dances in her car seat. It's hilarious. She likes to punch the air with her fists like a Jersey Shore cast member.
-still uses a paci for bedtime. Yes, I know. She's too old. We will get there.
-size 5 diaper, size 6 shoe, mostly 2T clothing
-has been going to bed later...usually around 8 or 8:15.
-still taking one 1 1/2hr nap a day
-won't sit in her booster chair anymore. Wants to sit in a regular chair with us while we eat dinner. This means more distraction which means less eating, if any at all.
-still doesn't eat much. Eats oatmeal in the morning and a few bites here and there throughout the day.
-loves to have us say prayers. Any time we eat, before naps and bedtime, she requests "pears" (prayers) and holds her hands out. Precious.
-knows her colors. When you ask her what color something is, the first answer is ALWAYS "pink". But when you ask her to think about it, she usually gets it right.
-already has a caring heart. She's so concerned when she hears a baby cry or someone gets hurt. She gets wide-eyed and a look of concern spreads across her face.
-still working on sharing. Sometimes she loves to share and at other times, not so much. It kills me to see her rip a toy out of another kid's hand but she's 2. It's gonna happen.
-is SO girly but hates anything frilly or having her hair fixed. If it were up to her, she'd be living in a nudist colony where you never had to have your hair done or brush your teeth.
-loves candy and popsicles. Shocker.


















Dean, Happy 2nd Birthday! Your dad and I are already SO proud of you and can't wait to see what your future holds. We love you to the moon and then some!

- Bonnie :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Dean! You are precious!

Unknown said...

She is SO cute. I love those pig tails! I always love reading about Dean since she and Gracie are so close in age, she sounds precious!!