Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1 year!!

Happy Birthday, Dean! Your dada and I are so honored and blessed beyond comprehension to be your parents. You make life worth living. You give us purpose. Our love for you can't be put into words. My heart just soars when I lay eyes on you and aches when we are apart. We are forever grateful to God for giving us such a precious, precious gift!

Exactly one year ago today...

40 lbs heavier. Yes, I gained 40 stinking pounds:



Laboring for 12 hours...



Labor didn't go exactly as I had planned ;)



Dean is here!!








Love her face:



And today...











At 12 months:

-You clearly say "hi" to everyone in the grocery store. (And I mean each and every person that passes by.) You are able to look them in the eye, babble, and greet them with a toothy smile.
-you still are not walking but have stood on your own and taken a few risky steps here and there.
-you are able to say "night night" very easily.
-you are a great sleeper! Hallelujah!! We put you down by 7:30pm and usually sleep till at least 9am pretty regularly now. Thank you Baby Wise!
-you still take two naps: one nap from about 10:30-11:30 and a longer one at about 1:30-3ish.
-are throwing a few tantrums here and there. It's usually when I put you down or while waiting for your baba to be heated up. Don't blame you...I get cranky too when I'm hungry!
-you are such a people person! You love to be around and are very comfortable around lots of people.
-you still love to dance! You will bounce up and down at even a hint of a beat. Homegirl has rhythm!
-you love oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, sweet potatoes, and practically anything we eat. You do not like green beans anymore...which you used to love!
-you love to take any and everything out of my cabinets. You leave little trails everywhere you go.
-you are so happy when dada comes home. The door opens and you immediately stop what you are doing and try to look for him. Last night you even said "dada" when he came in.
-you like to hit which makes me sad. It's not very often but when you do, it's usually my face that takes the blow. We are working on this :)
-you are such an easy, easy baby. You always go with the flow and are pretty adaptable to any situation you are put in. I am so thankful for this.
-you don't really like to shop. You get bored easily. I have to make sure I bring lots of toys, puffs, etc to keep you entertained.

Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without you sweet girl. You are my best friend and buddy. How on earth I ever made it through this life without you is beyond me. Happy birthday little one. We love you!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Your blog made me cry- I am so glad you're enjoying Dean so much :) She's a precious gift for sure!

*Courtney* said...

So sweet! I cannot believe she is ONE already! Hope she had a fabulous birthday...I'm sure she did. :)