And it's the best because she's still in her jammies. Ok, I'll be honest, I'll let her stay in her jammies all day sometimes. But shhhhhh, don't tell anyone. I love her in her "jams".
Seriously. Can't. Handle. This. Cuteness.
After she greets me with a huge, toothy smile and round of applause, she now has started giving me things. She will start by taking her paci out and handing it to me. I tell her "thank you so much!" and she squeals with delight. Then it's her bunny. "Thank you so much!" Laughs hysterically. Then anything else she can find lying around in her bed, she gladly gives me. I hope this little act of generosity becomes a characteristic of my sweet little girl.
Dean has also changed dramatically this past week. She acts like a toddler in almost everything she does! She is in to everything...and I mean everything! I'm definitely getting my work out in, that's for sure. (See Exhibit A below.)
She opens every cabinet and drawer, likes to play in the dog's water bowl, likes to play with the electrical socket plastic covers, slobber on my glass doors, get into the fireplace rocks...you name it, homegirl is in to it. I've had to start swatting her little plump hand when she does dangerous things which I can't believe I'm having to do at 10 months! I don't know how effective it really is since she just laughs at me when I do it. Oh, the little stinker...
Exhibit A:
My little Benihana chef. She likes the "ting" noise this makes when striking the floor with it. Sammy, on the other hand, does not.
She's also pushing her little cart very easily now. It's amazing the balance and coordination the little booger already has. I have a video of it but can't figure out how to post it on this blogpress thingy. I'm so techno-savvy, let me tell ya.
In other news, I celebrated the big 2-8 this weekend. I'm having a hard time with this birthday for some reason. I liked 27. 27 seemed just old enough. Why did 28 have to come along and spoil things?
I'm also leaving for vacation soon. (I won't say when because I don't want that dude who supposedly stalks blogs and Facebook statuses to see when my family leaves town to come rob me blind. Man, that guy really ruins things for lots of people, huh?) Anyway, we are going to Gulf Shores, AL and I'm sooooo looking forward to it! It will be Dean's first time at the beach. I know she will love it as much as I do.
I'm also running, or in my case, heaving and puking, in a race called "The Dirty 30" at the end of this month. It's basically a 5k but with an obstacle course in between...and all in the mud. You ask "why on earth would you do this to yourself?" Good question. Answer? I'm an idiot.
I signed up for it back in April when the weather was cool and in the upper 60's and not the triple digits that its supposed to be today. I also signed up to give me "plenty of time" to get in shape for it. I do, after all, have an intertube around my waist that should have been deflated by now. (By the way, when does the excuse "I just had a baby" run it's course?)
Since I paid the race fee and have to save face, I shall run it, intertube and all. Lord give me strength.
Whew! Sorry this was a long post. Hope everyone has a great day today!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment