She’s on a 3 hour feeding schedule so pretty much my days are completely devoted to her. Luckily, she’s getting the hang of eating so it’s making things a little easier. Not going to lie, waking a completely peaceful sleeping baby to feed in the middle of the night is killer but a trip to the pediatrician’s office makes it all worth while. The doctor was impressed with her rapid weight gain (8.1 lbs!!) and I contribute it to the fact that we are on a strict feeding schedule. Honestly, it’s the only way I can keep going because it is so exhausting!!
Everyone in the house is feeling the effects of this little 8 pound booger:
I’m feeling MUCH better and in fact, we got out for our first walk tonight as a family. I still can’t walk for very long but it was so wonderful and almost therapeutic for me to get out of the house. Dean loved it and even drifted off to sleep in the middle of it.
Sadly, my mom left this week and I lost it when she walked out the door. I cried and told her "how am I going to do this all by myself!?" She and my mother in law have helped me out tremendously by cooking, picking up, laundry, ironing, changing diapers, getting groceries, etc. It's funny though how I immediately was able to get the hang of this mommy thing. Man oh man do I miss my naps while someone else watched Dean. Ha!
I also wanted to give a shout out to our Connect Group at church for bringing us yummy dinners for the past 2 1/2 weeks!! We are soooo incredibly grateful for you guys! It helped us out more than you will ever know. THANK YOU!!!
And just because, here's some more pics of my sweet angel...
First trip to the pediatrician (which, might I add, was Chaz's pediatrician!)
BOOMER SOONER!
My snuggle bear:

Story time with dad:
Baby Burrito...what in the world would we do without a swaddle!?
One of my favorite outfits on her:
Tummy Time!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! This is my big Saturday night...blogging about my baby. Ha!!
5 comments:
I just asked Dad could we drive up really quick so I could hold Dean for a little while...he rolled his eyes, but said "ok, let's go"! ha! Love yall! Nana
Dean is so cute!!! I totally agree on the swaddle thing. Kennedie LOVED her swaddle so much. When she grew out of it a few weeks ago I cried when I laid her down to sleep. It's crazy how that sweet swaddle represented a newborn to me & to take her out meant that we didn't have a "new" baby any more. Enjoy it.... it goes way to fast!
Oh... I love that cute little outfit you are holding her up in!! Isn't so much fun to play dress up??
We loved seeing you this past weekend! Dean is just so precious! And you and Chaz are pros already and seem to be doing awesome in your new roles! Can't wait to see you guys again!
she is so cute! I love all the sleepy pictures!
Just precious! I know how you feel about the whole fam being tired! I hope you are just enjoying every second.
Post a Comment