Despite my complaining, I really did have a great time! I laid out at the pool during the day while Chaz was in meetings Monday – Friday. Mandalay Bay has the best pools in town, I might add. Yes, I said pools. They had 7 to choose from! One of them was a beach which I took full advantage of.
One cool thing that happened during Convention is that one of Chaz's stores won a top sales award. Here were are on our way to the awards reception:

Final night all gussied up:

Oh and Britney, hmmmm…I’m gonna have to have a talk with that girl. She really disappointed me. I saw her back in 2002 during her "prime" and her concert was so much fun. She sure knew how to put on a show.
Fast forward 7 years, 2 kids, and a chain-smoking ex-husband later and you have a dud of a concert. Let’s just say I could have thrown on a long blonde, bad- extensions-wig and some sunglasses, gone out on stage and put on a better show than she did. She was like a robot. She didn’t address the crowd one time! Not a “Hi Las Vegas” or “Thanks for coming” or "can I bum a cigarette." Nothing. When she was done, she ran off stage as fast as she could. It was all just very awkward. Made me thankful I didn’t pay for my tickets :)
Here she is sportin' some (no surprise) baaaaad hair extensions:

I rest my case:

In other news, have you guys ever heard of www.restaurant.com? I didn’t believe my mother in law at first when she told me about the gift cards she got from this website. I was with her when she redeemed it so I rushed home and got $200 worth of gift cards for $4!!! Not a typo! The stipulation is that you have to spend $35 (which is VERY easy for Chaz and me to do when we go out) and you have to choose from a list of restaurants they give you.
Lucky for us, one of the restaurants they have listed is one of our favorite places here in OKC, 1492. YUM-MY! When the bill came, we spent $37. We used our $25 gift card and so our dinner was only 12! They run different specials like 1 or 2 times a week and we just so happened to catch it when it was 90% off. I think this week it’s 80%, so go check it out. You might find one of your favorites on the list too! Craziness!!!
Sorry, it’s a long post but I just had to participate in today’s “Wishful Wednesday” post on Kelsey's blog. The topic is: 'I wish' .... My pet could talk because I have been dying to know _____!
I wish .... My dog Zena could talk because I have been dying to know what her life was like on the streets of San Antonio! As many of you know, I adopted Zena off of PetFinder.com. (Man I‘m a walking advertisement today, huh?) Apparently, she was found on the side of the road with her mom and 2 brothers by a vet tech in San Antonio. That’s about all I know. Here's her photo that stole my heart:

I wish she could tell me if she was scared. How she and her brothers managed to survive. How she made it from the streets to livin’ large. Ha! I’m just kidding. But it would be neat to see how she lived and what she was like. Just for kicks, here’s a picture of her momma named Blue:
Ha!!! And here is Zena sportin' her OU jersey. Isn’t it crazy how much they look alike!?

I still, to this day, have no idea what drew me to her but I’m so glad we chose her. She is the sweetest, most easy-going dog on the planet. Despite her bad breath, we love her to pieces! I love you, booky pants!!!!
2 comments:
Bonnie, you seriously constantly make me laugh!!! You and Chaz look fabulous all dressed up in Vegas! Jealous of you being at the pool because it is 50 degrees in Seattle right now. Lastly, I love your sweet dog you rescued and can't imagine how desperate those pups are for a nice home.
Lastly, since I do have to comment on everything you wrote about, I have heard of restaurant.com, but often don't know the restaurants. I am often all over a good bargain, so may have to check this out.
looks like you had fun in vegas! and i am so going to check out that website...i love a good deal!
Post a Comment