I’m going to go out on a limb and admit that I actually just unpacked my suitcase YESTERDAY…this wouldn’t be so embarrassing if I hadn’t been home since last Monday. Ha! I just couldn’t bring myself to unpack and put things away for some reason. Maybe I was hoping that the suitcase fairy would do it for me.
You have probably already seen my photos on Facebook of the trip so I’ll spare you with only posting a few of my favorites.
My parents invited Chaz and me to Pensacola and if you know anything about me, I can never refuse a trip to the beach. (Sidenote: anyone down for going to Mexico!?) One cool thing is that it fell on my birthday so I got to spend it exactly how I wanted; lying out on the beach, falling asleep to the sound of the waves.

My nephews came along and I was so thankful they did. Chaz absolutely despises lying out (he gets bored) so my nephews were lifesavers. They kept Chaz busy by hunting for sea shells, albino crabs, jelly fish, and by doing a little knee boarding. I even heard a game of Marco Polo going on between the 3 of them. So precious!

Needless to say, Chaz is still sore from all that rough-housing. Or could it be from his gnarly sunburn? He absolutely refused my requests for him to put on any sunscreen because, you know, he tans “so easily.” It's as if he's almost mocking the sun in this picture:

This picture, taken just a day later, makes me laugh because when I went to put my arms around him for a picture well, you get the idea:

Not the most flattering picture (please note that all I did was lay out and eat like a linebacker) but I think it’s hilarious! Another “I told you so” moment brought to you by Bonnie Wester.
Now don’t get me wrong, Chaz had a pretty relaxing vacay:

or:

My birthday dinner. Chaz went all over town to get me an ice cream cake (my fav!!)and these purty yellow flowers. Ain't he a doll?

Bday dinner at Peg Leg Pete's...arrrgghhh! (that never gets old)Notice Chaz's shirt matches his face. He was color-coordinated:

Sweet little tan boys...doesn't get any cuter!

Uggghh, I just love this kid:

Thanks Mom & Dad! I had the best time!!

Next week, I'm off to Austin to visit one of my besties, Tina. I cannot wait! I'm coming, Tina!
Well, I guess I'm done. Trying to avoid the brownies in my office's kitchen that are calling my name...
2 comments:
what a perfect way to spend your birthday!! I would love to spend my bday on a pretty white-sand beach! and your hubbs is a sweety to get ya an ice cream cake and flowers too! happy belated bday! gald you guys had fun!
What a fun trip, Chaz is so sweet and thoughtful :)
Have fun with Tina... I miss y'all!
Post a Comment