Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Monday, June 01, 2009

Meet Cowboy!

This weekend, the World Series of College Softball was held here in OKC. My cousin Lindsey & Uncle Andy came up to watch it and visit us. The weather was gorgeous but hotter than Hadies. I went to a few games and ended up with a gnarly sunburn. Please excuse the grossness of this picture. My face was in the process of melting off:


I just love Lindsey. She’s probably the sweetest person I know. Thanks for visiting Linds!!!!!

Chaz and I finally found some patio furniture for our back porch. I’ve been looking for forever and just couldn’t justify spending a lot of $$$ on furniture that would be out in the elements or that the dogs could tear up. So I was at Garden Ridge on Memorial Day and stumbled on to a huge sale they were having. Almost all of their patio furniture was ½ off and it looked pretty decent. I’m not a huge fan of black iron so Chaz had the idea of spray painting it. Welp, that’s what I did and here’s the final result:


It’s no Pottery Barn or Pier One, but I think this patio set will work just fine for us. I will now finally be able to sit out and enjoy my backyard.

Speaking of my back yard, I had to share with you our OUT-OF-CONTROL tomato plant. I think it’s using steroids.

Before (Around the end of April):


After (end of May):


This thing is nuts! It’s gotten so heavy that we had to tie it up around a huge wooden stake in the ground just so it would sit up properly. I wish I hadn’t have planted it so close to my other bushes. It’s engulfing them! I’m thinking we’re going to have Guinness Book of World Records type of tomatoes at the rate this booger is growing.

Another random story. While visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago, a stray dog showed up on their porch. This is nothing unusual since Terrell seems to be the place to dump your dog after you don’t want it anymore. Well, when I went outside to look at him, I fell in love immediately. He was a cutie! He’s some sort of Australian sheep-dog mix…and he was literally starving to death. He barely had any energy at all and laid on my parents porch hoping for a scrap of something. (I think he heard from the other neighborhood dogs that the Phillips’ residence has some good home cookin’.)

I couldn’t bare the thought of a starving dog sitting a few feet away from me so after a lot of begging from my mom NOT to feed him, I did. I gave him some ham. Then some cheese. Then some leftover fried chicken, broccoli (yes, he inhaled the broccoli), and potatoes. That was all it took. He is now their dog whether they like it or not. I even named him “Cowboy”. He’s probably one of the sweetest, most gentle dogs around. He knows how to sit so it tells me someone just got tired of him and dumped him. Breaks my heart.

Meet Cowboy!!


Since he is such a good dog, my mom is trying to find him a home. I would be sad though if he left. I would have taken him home with me (I got permission from Chaz and everything!) but thought that it wouldn’t be fair to him since I have such a small yard…and 2 other dogs. So if you’re looking for the sweetest, most well-behaved dog on the planet, Cowboy could be yours! :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Yes, and Cowboy will have all his shots, dewormed and neutered before the week is out. He is a sweetie pie, but we don't have a fence. Please stop by and take a look. He will melt your heart!

Mom

ife, never iffy said...

I love you tooo bons! And I love your blog, there is no way I am moving to OKC though. But there is no denying you deserve a vist. I promise to work on that.

Yeah, there is only room in my heart for 2 dogs, Sammy and Jackson. Sorry. Its full!!!