Case in point: my flowerbeds. As you know from my last post, Chaz and I built a flowerbed in our backyard. So Saturday, we took my mom and picked out a bunch of flowers, bushes and a couple of trees to plant. Here is the result (just for you, mom):

Not really the best picture, I know. We had just watered and I didn’t want to walk out on the wet grass. Call me a girly girl but I hate walking on wet grass. You can’t see all the tiny little plants we planted either. So basically, you can’t see the difference. Trust me, we planted a lot. We still have a lot more to plant but some of the things I want aren’t in season just yet up here. That’s what I get for living so far north. :)
Funny story. We had to dig pretty deep to plant our Crab Apple tree. Well, as Chaz was digging, he stopped and said “what the heck is this?” He had dug up someone’s pet! Poor little Fido. Luckily, it looked like it had been there for quite some time so it was just bones. We buried him back under the tree. No telling how many other pets are back there. It’s what you get with a 70+ year-old home. Rest In Peace, Fido.
Here’s a couple more pics of some of the flowers mom planted for me. Thanks, Mom!

Zena is in the background jumping and barking at the dogs next door. You should see that dog jump! I’m thinking of entering her in the Dog Olympics. Do they even have Dog Olympics?

And we can’t forget Miss Sammy. She’s never one to shy away from the cameras.

We visited a little mom & pop nursery and the owner gave us a free plant! Another reason why I love Oklahoma. Everyone is so nice. Here's my pretty little FREE red plant:

Chaz sent me this picture this morning when I got to work. This is what she does every morning after I leave. Precious.

Yes. It's a picture of my dog sleeping. Gotta love it!

Moving on, tonight is the big Dave Ramsey Town Hall for Hope. I can’t wait to go. Dave is so inspiring…well at least to me. Find a place that’s hosting it and choose NOT to participate in this Recession!!!
Have a great day everyone!! (All 3 of you that read this) :)
1 comment:
Four .... since I follow too! I always wonder who actually reads my blog, so I thought I would throw it out there :)
-Kelsey
Jordan's sister from ACU
Post a Comment