2 ½ to 3 lbs boneless chuck or rump roast, well-trimmed
1 package McCormick Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast Seasoning (you can find this in the gravy mix aisle)
New potatoes, carrots, celery & onions, cut up
1 cup water
DIRECTIONS:
1. PLACE roast and vegetables in crockpot.
2. MIX Seasoning and water until blended. Pour over roast and vegetables. Cover.
3. COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.

Anyway, back on track. I thought his parents were coming over to drop off some pics of our little nephew, Rix, which they did
but they also had something else up their sleeves (of course). We ate dinner and while I was cleaning up in the kitchen, they snuck outside. They come back in with 2 GORGEOUS antique chandeliers for my house!!! Since I found one for my kitchen already, these two will find a home in my dining room and hallway. I love them! I love them so much that I went ahead and took a not-so-flattering picture of them hanging in my lovely garage. We hung them temporarily there so they wouldn’t get broken until they are put up.I wish I knew their “story”. I picture them hanging in the entry way or above a dining room table in an old 1920’s home. I absolutely love them and can’t wait until they are hung!!
This weekend was the Race for the Cure downtown. Chaz and I got up early Saturday morning and joined about 10,000 others in support of Breast Cancer awareness. It was fun to see so many people out having a good time for a good cause. It was a little awkward, however, when the MC got on the loudspeaker and started telling us how to give ourselves breast exams. Then, it got even weirder when a local high school cheerleading squad started belting out cheers about getting regular check ups and prevention. “When I say ‘Breast’, you say ‘Exam’! ‘BREAST!’ ‘EXAM!’” Weird.
Since one of Chaz’s store’s was located at the start line and Chaz had on a Sonic shirt, I thought it would be cute to get a picture of him in front of it. Isn’t he a cutie patootie? (Notice how bu$$y it is!! Whhoohoo!!!)

Ready for the race!!!

Chaz should be used to taking stupid pictures of me. He's not:

All in all, great race. I like to enter 5ks because they help me practice for a real race day. It helps me learn how to pace myself (because I tend to run faster at the beginning of the race and tire myself out) and maneuver through large crowds. The worst is getting caught behind someone who thinks they need to run in a horizontal line with 10 of their friends. That annoys me to no end.
So, who all is going to the big TX/OU game this weekend? I, for one, am NOT. Last year was a really bad experience for me so I vowed not to go. I need a few years to cool off. Literally. It’s always so hot and people seem to be on another planet where you can shout rude obscenities to a person who is not wearing your team colors. No thanks. I don’t love football enough to put myself through that again. I will, however, miss my funnel cake :( I guess it really is a good decision for me not to go.
Well, hope everyone is having a good day. For now, I’m signing off!
2 comments:
We are having a pot roast tonight! But sadly, I didn't know about the Slow Cookers seasoning...
That's sad that you won't be at the game this weekend, but I understand if you didn't have a good time before. This is my first year to attend the big rival game, so I hope I have a better experience.
Hey Bonnie,
I added your blog as a link on my page! The pot roast sounds delicious and I will def try it!
Post a Comment