Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July 4th

Ahhh, July 4th. I just love this holiday. So many fun memories! Whether it was waving sparklers (I was too scared of “real” firecrackers) on a hot, Texas night when I was a girl or watching fireworks on the Mall lawn under the Washington Monument in DC with Chaz, the fourth of July evokes so many youthful, carefree feelings. I don’t know if it’s the four day work week but everyone in general just seems like they are in a better mood than usual.

Chaz, his parents, and I will be traveling to Terrell to my parent’s crib. All my family is meeting out there because you’re allowed to shoot off firecrackers in the country. Like I mentioned above, I’m not really a big fan of fireworks…unless they are put on by professionals. Maybe it’s because when I was girl, my brothers would set them off next to me. I guess that has something to do with my fear, don’t you think?

In other news; I’m absolutely LOVING my bike! I’m just now starting to get used to the different gears, speeds, etc. Who knew bikes came with such things? :) The last bike I owned came from Santa and had uncomplicated pedal breaks. It was hot pink and had a radio that got one country station that was pure static. I thought I was the coolest! We kept it much simpler back then. Now my bike has gears on one side, half gears on the other, and all these doodads that I’ve yet to figure out. All I know is that I love the feeling of the wind blowing through my…helmet…and getting out at dusk to watch the sun set when I ride. Definitely a great cardio workout. If you don’t have a bike, I absolutely suggest you look into purchasing one.

In other random news, I’m going to my second yoga class tonight. I really enjoyed my beginners class last week and never once did I feel intimidated. I learned all the basic terminology: “down dog”, “tree”, “cobra”, “child’s pose”, etc. Really neat. I’ve never felt so relaxed after a workout. Now I see why some people use it to de-stress.

Welp, I'm out. Everyone have a very Happy 4th of July!!! I know we will!!!

No comments: