Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day!!

What GORGEOUS weather we are having here in Oklahoma City!!! Combined with the extra hour of light made for a wonderful day yesterday. I was able to get home from work, run OUTSIDE for about 45 minutes, run a few errands, get home at 7:45 and still have a little bit of light left. I LOVE this time of year!

Since it was so beautiful this weekend, Chaz and I decided to get our flowerbeds ready for some major planting. If you’ve seen pictures of my house, you will notice that our flowerbeds are completely filled to the brim with rocks. Under that layer of rocks are MORE rocks. Whoever thought it was a great idea to make a flowerbed of rocks was just dead wrong. We had to physically pick out each and every rock and pebble. Talk about hard labor! We woke up Monday morning with sore legs, backs, and arms. I can’t wait to start planting, though. I find gardening and landscaping to be very therapeutic. Maybe it’s just the Vitamin C I’m getting from the sun but I feel so energized!

Speaking of this weekend, we had a pretty eventful Sunday morning. Around 5am, I hear banging on the next door neighbors front door. I look out my window and there is a lady, drunk as a skunk, dressed in full “clubbing” clothes shouting at the neighbor to “politely” open his door. (Insert sarcasm here.) When he doesn’t open the door after about 5 minutes of shouting/knocking, the lady starts kung-foo-style kicking the door! I couldn’t believe my eyes! She kicks it so hard that she breaks the heels off of her cute little club boots. That’s about the time I called the police. They inform me that several people have already called and that they were on their way.

Since the neighbor doesn’t answer the door (gee, I wonder why??), she then proceeds towards my house. Of course, by now, I’m freaking out. I get Chaz out of bed, the dogs start going crazy and BAM BAM BAM!!!! The lady is now beating on our door, shouting profanities to open up the door. She then starts turning the knob, trying to get in! After about 2 minutes of whaling on our door, she suddenly stops and heads back to the neighbor’s house and begins her kickboxing exercises on his door.

At about that time, the police show up and she drunkenly walks of the neighbor’s porch with her hands in her pocket. The police scream at her to put her hands up and when she kept them in her pockets, he drew a gun and made her put her hands up. She was screaming at the police officer and wouldn’t shut up. He cuffed her and charged her with public drunkenness and when she wouldn’t stop screaming at him, he goes “alright, next charge…disorderly conduct!!” I have a new-found respect for our law enforcement. They have to put up with scum like this and put their lives on the line everyday for us. Wow. So scary.

So fast-forward to Sunday afternoon when Chaz and I are working on our flowerbeds. The neighbor across the street comes over to apologize for the woman’s behavior. He proceeds to tell us that she followed him and his friends home from a club and when they wouldn’t let her come in, she went nuts. I found it strange that she would cross the street to try and get into our house. But then again, she was a strange and very intoxicated lady.

So yeah, there you have it. An exciting weekend at the Wester household. I’m off to go enjoy the beautiful weather. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow! I would of been freaked out too! Funny story!