Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

End of the month post

It was so great to get to go home this past weekend. I got off work early Thursday and got to Terrell (aka the boonies) around 6pm. It was my mom’s birthday so we met my brother and his wife for dinner. We had a nice time catching up. It’s always good to see the fam. Then Friday, Chaz flew in from Georgia to spend the weekend with us. It was his birthday Friday. He’s 27!!! I remember when I met him, he was only 20. Isn’t that nuts!?! I always call him a cradle robber in the 5 months our ages are 3 years apart.

Anyway, we went to the Dave Ramsey live event on Saturday with my family. This is my second time to attend and it was nice to have a refresher course. The first time we went was back in January of 2006. I was so focused on getting out of student-loan debt at that time that I didn’t really pay much attention to the next “baby steps”-investing, college funding, paying off the house, etc. So this time, I feel like I got even more out of it. If you ever have a chance to see Dave…DO IT. He changed our life, that’s for certain.

I took Chaz back to the airport Monday morning. I was really sad this time. Not that I’m not sad every time he leaves but this time I knew I wouldn’t be seeing him until mid-March.  Mid march!!! It’s so weird to be alone for almost 3 weeks. Luckily, Tina is coming in on Friday and I can’t wait! I’ve got to figure out some things to do while she’s here. She lives in Austin so it’s easy to find shops/outdoorsy type things to do when I visit. Oklahoma City-not so much.

Ohhh, and I took a bunch of people’s advice and went to that place in Dallas called Luke’s Locker. They watched me run and looked at my ankles to figure out the perfect running shoe for me. I tried them out for the first time last night and WOW. What a difference. Usually by mile 2, my knee starts giving me trouble. Mile 3 came and went-nothing. Money well spent, in my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 comments:

Collin and Christy said...

Wow! I'd love to go to a place like that to get me some running shoes! Glad it worked out so well!!

Ann Hastings said...

I love Luke's Locker- and totally forgot about it, I need new running shoes (thanks for the reminder). I am glad Tina is coming up to see you- with you two it dosen't matter what y'all do, it will be fun :)
Miss you!