Chaz, Bonnie, & Dean!!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rix & Football Tix

This weekend was just great! Chaz and I got to finally meet Mr. Rix Carter, our new tee-ninsy nephew. The pictures I will post below don’t give you the full idea of just how small 5 lbs really is. He was such an angel. I didn’t want to let him go! I could have held him for forever. I wish they lived closer so I could see him all the time. They grow like weeds! Here are some pictures:

Chaz meeting Rix: (My favorite! Chaz looks like a natural. He'll be such a good daddy.)


Rix saying "Who is this lady and why is she talking to me in a high-pitched voice?"


Story Time:


Group pic:


Saying "bye"...we'll miss you!


In other news, the great state of Oklahoma is making national headlines this week…and not in a good way. Please, tell me you saw the rant of Coach Mike “Gumby” of Oklahoma State’s football team? Of course, it’s all the talk right now around here and they even ran a story on Good Morning America this morning. Coach “Gumby” kept spewing out words that barely formed sentences as his voice grew awkwardly louder and louder. He was mad about an article that ran in the Daily Oklahoman regarding one of his “athletes”, Bobby Reid. He referred to Bobby as a “kid” on several occasions. Is a 21 year old really a “kid”? Is a “kid” old enough to drink? Is a “kid” old enough to play college football? If I remember correctly, I got married at 21. Toughen up, Bobby. All those OSU fans must be so proud and not the least bit embarrassed by their leader. The idiot.

In other football news, my dear sweet husband surprised me Sunday with a little scavenger hunt. I LOVE when he does things like this. He likes to be creative and make me find my gifts with little clues about us. After my first set of clues, I was directed toward my first gift which was a really cool OU t-shirt. I didn’t think much about it as I went on to gift #2. Gift #2 was two hotel nights in Dallas next weekend at a really nice hotel. Then, gift #3 was OU/TX TICKETS!!! Whoohoo! I had been thinking for forever that we weren’t going to get to go. I was so bummed. But now, I have a new shirt, a nice place to stay, AND TICKETS! Do I have a great hubby, or what?

Only problem now is that we found out the game is at 2:30. We have a wedding at 6:30. Yipes! We haven’t really figured out the logistics of it all yet but I know it will work out. It will probably be another blow-out by OU anyway so hopefully it won’t matter if we leave a little early.

Welp, I’m out. Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday. Boo. I hate Tuesdays.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Little Rix is beautiful!

I hope Ern reads this blog and says, "What a great idea! I will go out and buy two OU/TX tickets for my darling little wife and surprise her!"

Yah right.

*Courtney* said...

Awww, what a cutie little nephew you have there!

Yeah, I'm with you Allison...no Texas/OU ticket for me either :(